Thinking of coming over to the Orange side

amadablam

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post in Katoom section :)

I have an R1150Gs (bought from Thunder on here so as you can imagine, its mint) and I love the bike.

Bought it, rode 1500 miles on it, parked it up since. Had a serious injury which meant I didnt ride bikes for a while and I am just back in the saddle.

Thing is, I have lost strength in left arm, its coming back with physio.

The GS, although lovely, is so heavy to maneuver around the garage and when pushing it that I feel I will drop it :( riding it, its fine. I ride my fireblade and its like a toy compared.

Im 6'3" so its comfy but the pushing and pulling it when engine is off is hard work!

So I am thinking of selling in Spring and going or a KTM 640/690 SM or Enduro for around the same Value. I might like to do some light off road all going well and maybe tour.

I have never owned a single so dont know what to look out for mileage wise.

Also would a 950 be a better buy or am I up to a heavy bike again?

Thanks for your help.

I would ride one before buying one, I have just sold a 640 adventure, nice bike but not for me, as I say give it a go first.
Re the 950/990 the bike is lighter, but it dosent feel as easy to move round, very light when riding but if your problem is pushing it round then I would say the 1100 is the easier of the two (i have both).

I would ride one before buying one, I have just sold a 640 adventure, nice bike but not for me, as I say give it a go first.
Re the 950/990 the bike is lighter, but it dosent feel as easy to move round, very light when riding but if your problem is pushing it round then I would say the 1100 is the easier of the two (i have both).

Thanks Bowser, appreciate the info :thumb2

Not much chance of getting to ride one round my parts, very few KTM's around here. But I will see what happens. Thanks for the pointers though. I am guessing the 905/990 adv is probably more top heavy than the GS then?

Thanks Bowser, appreciate the info :thumb2

Not much chance of getting to ride one round my parts, very few KTM's around here. But I will see what happens. Thanks for the pointers though. I am guessing the 905/990 adv is probably more top heavy than the GS then?

no its more that it does not have as much steering lock as the bmw so you end up leaning it trying to move it round, push it in a straight line its fine just not as easy to manouver.
My 640 went to somone in Eire, the guy flew over picked it up and then drove back home, left my house in london at about 1030, and sent me a txt at about 2130 saying he had just got back in at home!!!! so its can do the miles just not for me.
See if somone on the site with one is near you?

Try a 950 Supermoto. Very light and easy to move around, and also included in the price is the most fun you'll ever have on a bike.

no its more that it does not have as much steering lock as the bmw so you end up leaning it trying to move it round, push it in a straight line its fine just not as easy to manouver.
My 640 went to somone in Eire, the guy flew over picked it up and then drove back home, left my house in london at about 1030, and sent me a txt at about 2130 saying he had just got back in at home!!!! so its can do the miles just not for me.
See if somone on the site with one is near you?

Thanks Bowser.

Yeah I have no problem buying from UK, brought a bike back from there before, no problems at all. GS came from N.I. and I always enjoy the trip home getting to know a bike.

I will have a trawl around and see if there is one down the west coast near me :)

Try a 950 Supermoto. Very light and easy to move around, and also included in the price is the most fun you'll ever have on a bike.

I am partial to a V-twin too :) Had RSVR mille factory for a few years and miss it. The 950 SM looks awesome and I have a fellow tosser trying to tempt me with one at the moment :D

Thanks Bowser.

Yeah I have no problem buying from UK, brought a bike back from there before, no problems at all. GS came from N.I. and I always enjoy the trip home getting to know a bike.

I will have a trawl around and see if there is one down the west coast near me :)

I am partial to a V-twin too :) Had RSVR mille factory for a few years and miss it. The 950 SM looks awesome and I have a fellow tosser trying to tempt me with one at the moment :D

no personal interest here but if you are seriously looking, the KTM center in Hemel (just north of London) had an orange one last time I was there, it will be one of the last ones and it looked in very good nick.

Back
Top Bottom