Side panel fragile

shugie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just managed to break one of the three fixing lugs on the black side panel that fits under the tank on the right. I always seem to find this a bit of a bugger to fit and now I've bust it. @rse!

Anyone else have problems with this, and anyone know where to get another one (s/hand is OK) cheap - I like cheap!

Shug

What a minge bag
the original part from a BMW dealer is only £ 5.58 + Vodka's.

Part No 46.63.7.671.732

& try lubricating the hole before the insertion of the long black stiff thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Professional Boxer said:
What a minge bag

Part No 46.63.7.671.732

& try lubricating the hole before the insertion of the long black stiff thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Won't break the Bank then.......!!!!!!!
BMW parts costs are pretty reasonable.IMHO.
If it was for a Honda,then that small piece of plastic would be about £40+Vat

Professional Boxer said:
What a minge bag

Part No 46.63.7.671.732

Ditto, whack some vaseline on in future!

Shug

The lug nearest the saddle is angled rearwards. If you pop that one in first it's easy. When removing, pull the front away first.

Reminds me of how my ex used to snap off the indicator/light/wiper stalks from our cars. She even managed to break off the gear stick from a Marina. That's Essex girls for you.

Luckily I escaped without permanent injury. :clap

Mick

Ta muchly

Just ordered side panel from Cooper Reading, totally different part number, but same price. We will see what turns up!

I will grease before insertion!!

Thanks for help and suggestions.

Shug - the tight one

The part has been superceeded & was originally
Part No 46.63.2.313.324
Then it changed to
Part No 46.63.2.320.708
It then changed again to
Part No 46.63.7.671.732

Got it, fitted it (with grease - much better - why don't BMW suggest that in the handbook?)

What turned up had the new part number on, despite being the intermediate one when ordered. Confused - you should be!

Shug - tight but now somewhat greasy

Back
Top Bottom