Zumo v older garmin

ktmmark

Reaction score
Been looking for a s/h 2610 & not had much luck :( & thinking of getting the zumo so i have latest maps etc . will the fitting kit on the 550 fit the gs 1200 or will i need to spend more £ straight away on a bike mount. going to look round the bmf to see how cheap i can get one, £460 so far is the best i have seen delivered

Been looking for a s/h 2610 & not had much luck :( & thinking of getting the zumo so i have latest maps etc . will the fitting kit on the 550 fit the gs 1200 or will i need to spend more £ straight away on a bike mount. going to look round the bmf to see how cheap i can get one, £460 so far is the best i have seen delivered

Hi,
I have the 550 on my GS. It comes with a RAM mount clamp for the handlebar which I used initially, mounted beside the clutch lever. Worked just fine and is good for using the screen for instructions but, I felt, out of my line of vision when riding.
I've now moved it to above the instrument dials on a Migsel mount where it is far easier to glance at when on the move, but a little harder to reach when you need to touch the screen but I haven't really needed to do that much.
I have it linked to my Autocom, and synced to phone using bluetooth. Only minor glitch is the audio output getting confused when the GPS has been running on its own batteries and then switches to bike power.
Cheers, dB.

Been looking for a s/h 2610 & not had much luck & thinking of getting the zumo so i have latest maps etc . will the fitting kit on the 550 fit the gs 1200 or will i need to spend more £ straight away on a bike mount. going to look round the bmf to see how cheap i can get one, £460 so far is the best i have seen delivered

I got my 550 for £460 mounts above the instruments all the gear in the box to do the job, I got the lead from autocom seems to all work very well only problem was with the music it only works with mp3 and you will need a sd card if you want to store more than 3-4 albums, I got a 2gb sd card for more music

jules

Back
Top Bottom