NEOPRENE Fork protectors .

Latest News .

Maybe that is the way to go. Keep it simple , Thanks .

I think i have finally got someone to listen ,they have asked for address and will send a sample over .Fear not these things will get made .

Its Arrived .

Sample arrived ,its 3mm thick ,its in black ,looks brill on my black beasty ,was sent a top half ,from top till the edge of mud guard .

Have been talking to makers ,got them convinced to make full length one , but will cost me , they wont do any alterations ,they saw the brake fixings , but should be easy enough to sort out ,will post when i have a least one side ready ,Are the brake fixings differnt on other models ,?? will take photos of fixing during and after , Should be matter of days .I Hope .

First few pics ,needed a few cable ties ,

These have just been finished ,i had no cable ties . They are made of 3mm neoprene ,very tough stuff ,you have trouble cutting it . Fit is very good for first set , Easy cleaned ,and removed .2 cable ties or as many as you want . These a cut for a 1100 , See what you think .Will have a full set on to try for a week in Donegal .

Last edited:
Fork protectors

:thumb2 Look good Geno - any idea of cost or delivery times? How easy a job was it to fit them?

fork covers

Been a bit since this thread started, but as it seems to be getting somewhere just want to let you know I am still interested in a set, black in preference.

Fitted these today ,first remove brake calipers. Start wrapping from bottom with hole in middle with round bit poking out. Work up till mud guard . remove bolt and push around till both sides at back. As you work up ,make sure you keep it neat and tidy . .Finish at top with cable tie to take up slack upper leg is thinner , i put extra tie in middle to tidy up ,you need longer ones for this .I send 4 ,2 on each leg . Other side is easy .Just make sure you have it turned the other way . All is clear when you fit them . They labelled R & L .

Last edited:
Another 2 Pictures . The cutouts can be made bigger if needed , Cuts needed around axle . Anything else you might need to know might have to wait as i go on holiday on Saturday for a week . Takes a while to cut ,glue, stitch , and remove the bits . . Any more intrested form a line please ,so i can have idea on how many sheets of neoprene ,pots of glue and metres of velcro to order up . Thanks for waiting .

first thoughts

Received my prototype pair today, just fitted the right hand side, having a break and a coffee. Thought I would pass on my observations.

Quality of the neoprene is first class, and despite the comments re the stitching of the velco I cant see what he is talking about its just fine. Right side fitted without any drama at all and looks very good. the fit is fine with all the holes in the right place.

Observations for production ones. Rather than cut the holes for the various lugs, it would look better and possibly be easier to punch them out with either a gasket punch of sharpened tube, where the cuts are in the neoprene to go round brake callipers etc. it might be an idea to overstich the edges (like you get on the edge of sew on badges), and last where the covers go round the top of the forks they are much smaller in diameter and you could just taper the cut of the material so that it is bit more snug and the cable ties don't have to pull it quite to tight.

But to be fair they are minor observations and not a criticism, and I understand the cost involved may then push them over the point of viability. They still look very good as is and fit a treat, will have to wait and see how they last but if the quality of the neoprene is anything to go by, I don't think that is an issue. So far I would say 10/10 value for money, and 9.5/10 overall, with just those minor observations. (you just cant give him 100% he would get big headed ;-) All in all a damn good job well done Geno.

Many Thanks Bowser . Just back from donegal ,These things never moved come rain or shine , tuesday the tar was bubbling on the Glengesh pass . The velcro cable ties are more money . I dint know if you lot would part with extra money . Dont have gasket punch ,no idea what it looks like or does ,,as for a sharp tube ,more like to lose a few fingers doing that . Glad you liked them ,they may well be a very rare item as i dont see many orders . .The comments are good its just getting them right ..Will PM you about other ideas .

Many Thanks Bowser . Just back from donegal ,These things never moved come rain or shine , tuesday the tar was bubbling on the Glengesh pass . The velcro cable ties are more money . I dint know if you lot would part with extra money . Dont have gasket punch ,no idea what it looks like or does ,,as for a sharp tube ,more like to lose a few fingers doing that . Glad you liked them ,they may well be a very rare item as i dont see many orders . .The comments are good its just getting them right ..Will PM you about other ideas .

Can sort you a gasket punch if req Wayne

Price per set for Fork Protectors ..

How much Geno?
if we know you may get more interest.
Then again you may not!

Been thinking about these and after looking at cost of the items needed to make up these things , and fixing the bits that bowser pointed out , Cost of each pair will be £ 37 inc p+p .
If there is any intrest in these things can you please stick your name on after this post .Will be buying a set of gasket punchs to keep all nice and neat .Need to see the legs of a 1150 to see if alterations are needed or another design made .
Thanks for Now . Geno .

Back
Top Bottom