Alps 2009 - let's do it

possible/maybe

Hi magnum

Trip sounds great and would love to give it a go Ive never took the bike abroad before (first time for everything) can you put me down for a possible maybe.:nenau

Im from the north east, are there any definates from up north that would like some company coming across as its quite a trek on yr lonesome.(someone to follow wrong side of the road n that).

bbvito

You will not be alone. Norm and myself are near Sheffield. Big Dave appears to be a Northern lad too, somewhere nr Ilkeston (so it says on his location) All three defos.

If you check out the various threads you'll see there is the beginnings of a plan to ride down together too..

Bandit
:)

The best time I've been is just after the passes open in early summer. And just stay up high to avoid the serious heat in the valleys.

Yeap, early June at the Grimsel:

Grimsel.jpg

bbvito

You will not be alone. Norm and myself are near Sheffield. Big Dave appears to be a Northern lad too, somewhere nr Ilkeston (so it says on his location) All three defos.

If you check out the various threads you'll see there is the beginnings of a plan to ride down together too..

Bandit

Cheers for that just need to do a bit planning before i know for definate vut makes things much easier now

ps has there been a cut off date put on it yet

Cheers for that just need to do a bit planning before i know for definate vut makes things much easier now

ps has there been a cut off date put on it yet
It's the 1st April.

I've added you to the maybe's :thumb2

Will reply to your PM now mate.

I'm not that far away. Give us a shout nearer the time, 'specially if you're buying :D

Well, budget cuts at work meant the trip was a no-go for me.

Maybe they'll let me go to the next Conference in August in Montreal.

Wonder how much it is to get my bike shipped out?? :drool

JB

Hi,
Having read your plans over the past few days I would like to join up with you in Vevey if that's OK with you, if so, you can regard it as a definate booking for two, me and herself. Perhaps you would let me know in due course what arrangements there are regarding booking deposits etc. I would also be interested in the accommodation you suggest for the night of the 10th Sept. This is my first entry in the GS er site so I am likely to get things wrong initally. Perhaps you would let me know if you get this as it would give me some reassurance that I'm getting it right. Sounds like a fantastic trip.
Red

Hi,
Having read your plans over the past few days I would like to join up with you in Vevey if that's OK with you, if so, you can regard it as a definate booking for two, me and herself. Perhaps you would let me know in due course what arrangements there are regarding booking deposits etc. I would also be interested in the accommodation you suggest for the night of the 10th Sept. This is my first entry in the GS er site so I am likely to get things wrong initally. Perhaps you would let me know if you get this as it would give me some reassurance that I'm getting it right. Sounds like a fantastic trip.
Red
Hello redpadraig I'm delighted that you've decided to join us in September and I'll update the "Who's coming" thread to include you and mrs redpadraig.

The cutoff for "maybe's" to confirm is 1st April when I'll be asking the confirmees for their email addresses so I can send out booking deposit info. Then we can really get cracking with plans.

In the meantime, cheers :beerjug:

bbvito

Bandit

Yeah sound, always like to ride to the start point with others - feels like the adventure starts early!

See yer in September :thumb

Yeah sound, always like to ride to the start point with others - feels like the adventure starts early!

See yer in September :thumb

Cheers m8 , Im not on the definates list yet untill i am 110% sure but hopefully i will be meeting up in september :beerjug:

I think all attendees should be aware that the Swiss cops can be pretty tough. They don't take any crap and have weapons too.

Please familiarise yourself with their uniform and do whatever they say when asked.

Attachments

• cops.jpg
    cops.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 95
I think all attendees should be aware that the Swiss cops can be pretty tough. They don't take any crap and have weapons too.

Please familiarise yourself with their uniform and do whatever they say when asked.

Thats me speeding all the way through switzerland hoping for a pull !!!!:thumb2:thumb2

Back
Top Bottom