Will this be the "new" 1200 GS?

Would look good in the matt black they did some Ducati Monsters in :thumb2

it will be interesting to see if it has as many problems as the 1200 has with build quality they might just embarass bmw

crickey?!?! Could they not find a smaller front wheel for it?

crickey?!?! Could they not find a smaller front wheel for it?

I suppose they could have gone down an inch and fitted a 16" front wheel to it but it probably turns fast enough with that 17" wheel fitted to it. It is, after all, designed to be a tall road bike rather than having any off-road pretensions; so Ducati have fitted it with superbike sized wheels and tyres in the same way as Triumph have with the current Tiger.

It looks very small (maybe too small for us big guys) and that guy riding it is a total dwarf too.
Reminds me very much of my mates Benelli Amazonas
That was meant to be a GS killer but wasnt in the same league!

Beautiful tho, like most Ducatis:beerjug:

Blimey, it looks like they let the apprentice design that :barf

The 'beak' is a sop to the GS and this Duke doesn't need it, nor those side panels that look like a nod to the Buel Cafe Racer. The panniers are ugly too. It reminds me of Ducati's version of the Triumph Tiger trying to be too much like a GS.

Otherwise I love it :D

Na looks more like another TDM or Vstrom type bike ie road bike on stilts. You show my TDM even a farm road and it rattles itself to bits. Might suit the GS owners who only want the style but never go off the tar.

it will be interesting to see if it has as many problems as the 1200 has with build quality they might just embarass bmw

Oh here we go again...another sad tosser moaning on about build quality. FFS go and buy something else then!

If it's anything like my ST4s was then it will be a completely nightmare as soon as you try to use it for anything other than posing down the cafe. :cool:

They'll have put no thought into the components required for longer distance use and will simply have bolted a standard Ducati engine into it. Service intervals and component wear will be at the same speed as the high end sports bikes, electrics will be a bit dodgy in the wet and service costs / depreciation will be astronomical as soon as you put more than 2k miles a year on it :mad:

I already have a completely useless impractical bike in the garage, I don't need another :blast

If it's anything like my ST4s was then it will be a completely nightmare as soon as you try to use it for anything other than posing down the cafe. :cool:

They'll have put no thought into the components required for longer distance use and will simply have bolted a standard Ducati engine into it. Service intervals and component wear will be at the same speed as the high end sports bikes, electrics will be a bit dodgy in the wet and service costs / depreciation will be astronomical as soon as you put more than 2k miles a year on it :mad:

I already have a completely useless impractical bike in the garage, I don't need another :blast

I had an ST4(not the S) for 2 years, never let me down. It was much more realible then my 1200GS and cost about the same to run.

I quite like the look but I run a tiger 1050 now so I guess I'm more the target market than the GS guys.

I hope its crap as I want to keep the Tiger for a few more years yet:D

It is, after all, designed to be a tall road bike rather than having any off-road pretensions;

Whats with the Aprilia Caponord, Moto Guzzi Stelvio, and now this ... I dont get it. :nenau

Italy is apparently a huge market for the GS ... third largest in the world after Germany and the US. I can understand the Italian bike manufacturers trying to get in on that action, not just domestically but globally. But to take on the GS, you have to build a bike that DOES have off-road pretensions. You have a to build a bike that people could conceivably ride all day long on gravel roads in third world countries, even if most never will. Cause surely that's the capability people want to buy that makes the GS such a sales success.

To me, that huge bike on 17 inch wheels looks like a fat supermoto. And if the Stelvio and Caponord havent set the world on fire, I cant see this being any different.

Whats with the Aprilia Caponord, Moto Guzzi Stelvio, and now this ... I dont get it. :nenau

Italy is apparently a huge market for the GS ... third largest in the world after Germany and the US. I can understand the Italian bike manufacturers trying to get in on that action, not just domestically but globally. But to take on the GS, you have to build a bike that DOES have off-road pretensions. You have a to build a bike that people could conceivably ride all day long on gravel roads in third world countries, even if most never will. Cause surely that's the capability people want to buy that makes the GS such a sales success.

To me, that huge bike on 17 inch wheels looks like a fat supermoto. And if the Stelvio and Caponord havent set the world on fire, I cant see this being any different.

theres some pics here somewhere of it being caned offroad and getting about 6ft of air:eek so it might be a bit tougher than we think:cool:

however its going to be a bike for munchkins and for me at 6ft7 its going to be a waste of time:rolleyes::D

But to take on the GS, you have to build a bike that DOES have off-road pretensions. You have a to build a bike that people could conceivably ride all day long on gravel roads in third world countries, even if most never will. Cause surely that's the capability people want to buy that makes the GS such a sales success.

You might suspect that Ducati's market research tells them otherwise....:nenau

Back
Top Bottom