Decisions.....

You'd be astounded how much old Harleys can be bought for. Granted early Evos are now starting to appreciate but early twin cams are great bikes and so are late Evos and they go on for ever. Alternatively touring Guzzis aren't terribly in demand, it's the retro and sports models that retain their value.

Thanks for that..left field choice for me but it'd be worth a look....I think I've reached that 'certain stage in life'. :rob:D

Just check with St. Eptoe as I believe ones around that vintage had a big issue with either the clutch or the universal joint? Anyway he disposed of his Griso quite promptly ;)

Never heard that, though there has been issues with the 4 valve cams, and the occasional issues with oil pumps,
And 2007 models all had the clocks changed, so never believe the milage on 2007 versions!

Never heard that, though there has been issues with the 4 valve cams, and the occasional issues with oil pumps,
And 2007 models all had the clocks changed, so never believe the milage on 2007 versions!

Indeed; early 4 valves (the 1200's) had chocolate cam followers. Most if not all should have been sorted under warranty now.

I believe the main reason Steptoe got rid of his Griso is that he's a right old gimmer now and didn't find the riding position comfy enough................

Andres

Back
Top Bottom