The wizard of Earl Shilton

And there was me thinking that the little teensy weeny bit of torque and BHP was down to 1500 quids worth of headers and ugly akra :D:D

And worth every penny!:D

Aesthetics and sound were my main motivation, the fact that mine has more torque and power than yours is the icing on the cake!:pullface:D

I do believe that some are worse than others.
The bike i first test road was quite vibey but TBH i was prepared to put up with it but my bike is pretty much vibe free in comparison. It could just be my imagination but i believe it to be slightly worse in road mode compared to dynamic.

Mine does have a bit of a tingle between 5k and about 5.4 k but thats it

Mine does too in that rev range but hardly noticeable. Left hand mirror vibrates a fair bit at 5k but right one is fine.

BMW did not make any changes to the 2016 bike over the 2015 one and currently have no plans to make any changes in the future.

IMHO if you don't buy this bike based on vibes then you're really missing out on an awesome machine. One of best bikes I've owned in 40 years of biking.

Mine does too in that rev range but hardly noticeable. Left hand mirror vibrates a fair bit at 5k but right one is fine.

BMW did not make any changes to the 2016 bike over the 2015 one and currently have no plans to make any changes in the future.

IMHO if you don't buy this bike based on vibes then you're really missing out on an awesome machine. One of best bikes I've owned in 40 years of biking.

I could not agree more !

Have to agree with that, dropped my XR off this morning and borrowed a R1200S and do you know what? more vibes through the seat than the XR. I think the fabled vibe issue is something people read about and then go looking for an a test ride. Once you live with an XR the "Vibes" either go away as the miles go on or you just get used to them, either way it doesn't compromise the riding experience.

A final thought, I wouldn't mind if the XR periodically shot a red hot poker up my arse, its that good to ride :)

Have to agree with that, dropped my XR off this morning and borrowed a R1200S and do you know what? more vibes through the seat than the XR. I think the fabled vibe issue is something people read about and then go looking for an a test ride. Once you live with an XR the "Vibes" either go away as the miles go on or you just get used to them, either way it doesn't compromise the riding experience.

A final thought, I wouldn't mind if the XR periodically shot a red hot poker up my arse, its that good to ride :)

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. The GS vibrates more than the XR ever will. So many GS riders moaning about the vibes on the XR; wakey fucking wakey!:D

My Triumph 1200 Explorer always give me pins & needles in my hands even though I couldn't feel and vibration.

With almost 12000rpm to play with why ride in the 5k range. When riding in gods county I'm always in 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Can't remember the last time I got to 6th! The bike rides best when spanked. 5k is a rev range that you should only pass through, if you want to cruise in a high gear then buy a different bike!

Back
Top Bottom