Best Roads in Ireland

Get yourself up Ballaghbeama and Ballaghisheen and Healy passes if you've time. Also take in the Black Valley and the Gap of Dunloe down to Killarney if you can. Quality driving. Need any help, let me know.

Brendan, you are a star! Did both Ballaghbeama and Ballaghisheen yesterday. Pissing down, but enjoyed it. Did Ballaghbeama to and fro , to admire it in both directions :)

Did the ring to Sneem. Had coffee and cakes at Kelly's bakery in Sneem, then headed out on the R568 towards Ballaghbeama and Ballaghisheen. Returned to Sneem then to continue the ring. Absolutely brilliant. Healey, Black Valley and Dunloe will have to wait for another day - but very soon :)

Thanks once again. :thumb2:thumb2

The Wild Atlantic Way, Dingle, today :thumb

i-PNFj5wG-L.jpg

:beerjug:

13691eedd252593876e76d85734ba72b.jpg

That's me on the ring of Kerry last Sunday. What a blast :thumb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

4309226a156e5b0ce1be081b86366628.jpg

And no points for a guess on that one pissing down though! Well, Ireland after all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

When is the best time to do the Gap of Dunloe? I popped over mid morning last year and found the road full of horses/carts and walkers. Did I approach the right way - through a car park full of cars horses and carts?

I'll be over again in a couple of weeks and want to try a few more of these roads.

When is the best time to do the Gap of Dunloe? I popped over mid morning last year and found the road full of horses/carts and walkers. Did I approach the right way - through a car park full of cars horses and carts?..................................

Early in the morning North to South (Kate Kearneys to the Black Valley) is best. Otherwise you are battling the pony's.
If early morning is not possible South to North leaves you meeting rather than overtaking them which is a bit easier.

When is the best time to do the Gap of Dunloe? I popped over mid morning last year and found the road full of horses/carts and walkers. Did I approach the right way - through a car park full of cars horses and carts?

I'll be over again in a couple of weeks and want to try a few more of these roads.
About 3.30am

Sent from a OnePlusX

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks along with the Ballaghbeama and a trip around the Beara.

You're not wrong. Had a great time and used many of the recommendations on this thread.
Will be back again next year.

Some rare treasures on the wild Atlantic way so far. Sligo to where I am now near Westport was great for long fast sections with twisty stuff between...
Day two of just Brillient roads since I got the ferry into Donegal. To be honest, Donegal roads were a challenge fully loaded. I think I'd leave it to the end if I was to advise... Tourism is only catching up in Donegal. I do t think they have been given the same amount of attention as the south west for the example.

The torr road was fantastic on Wednesday. That blew my mind...

Wild Atlantic way, made for Gs'
Could do on a sports bike but comfort on a gs��

The roads in the north are super. To go from Antrim roads to Donegal is a chelae he for the brain though. Get the tourist bit out of the way first and then get in the groove and just ride hArd. Deadly buzz.

Heading over to Clifden tomorrow afternoon. Then up through Westport, Mulranny, Bangor Erris, Ballina, Tubborcurry, Carrick-on-Shannon on Saturday and nurse a sore head home on Sunday.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Heading over to Clifden tomorrow afternoon. Then up through Westport, Mulranny, Bangor Erris, Ballina, Tubborcurry, Carrick-on-Shannon on Saturday and nurse a sore head home on Sunday.

Sent from a OnePlusX

Wanna meet for a spin? Oh, I think I'm going the other direction.

gartlans in carrick for ice cream or sandwich shap just further down towards post office

dont go in the subway round the corner

did this the opposite way round apart from ballina on the way to leenane

gartlans in carrick for ice cream or sandwich shap just further down towards post office

dont go in the subway round the corner

did this the opposite way round apart from ballina on the way to leenane

Have you done it then?

I respect your intimate knowledge of ice cream and it's pertinence to lacation and taste.

Back
Top Bottom