EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
News Just in!

Reminds me a bit of this fella

IMG_0704.jpeg

Last edited:
I`d really like to try one of those to see if they really are as loopy and mental as their rep suggests, although i expect they look a lot more potent in these type of vids due to the skill of the test pilots. I don`t think they`d look as good with me riding one.....
Do they really wheelie in the first few gears without trying just off the throttle? The last time i had a bike like that was a KTM500 road-legal motocross bike. It put me in hospital for 2 weeks with a busted foot after flipping it..

f7798b011125db3b972a7c7802fd0c51.png

KTM been using the ugly stick again? Horrendous.
Probably a good bike to ride, under that hideous bodywork. Got to hope the gearbox is no longer 6 speed and five neutrals…my 1290 gt liked them too much, usually at high speed.

I hope the ride height technology filters down to the GT and / Or the ADV - might consider them again. I think the bike looks rather nice :D

Fugly as hell, possibly fun on the road, but mucho reigning it in to avoid Jail / return of death penalty.

I had a TL1000S in 98 and wheelied away from every junction and set of lights, over every crest and past every bus stop, and it was useable on the road, the super nakeds are now becoming as irelevant as superbikes now, well done KTM for still making it, but I am certainly to old to desire one, or have the talent / balls to do much with it.

I wonder if they have fixed the silly electronics....if the cables to the exhaust flapper get slack, the bike throws an error code, and goes into limp mode....

:firemth

I am test riding one of these (the Evo model) this week as I want to swap my S1000RR For a naked bike in order to slow me down.

Any more feedback on them from the collective here would be most welcome.

Surely the 160bhp of the 1290 is enough, who needs 190 bhp, madness !
Manufacturers top trumps bollox.....and there'll be folk claiming they red line it in most gears on their normal rides cos 'they is brilliant riders'.

Without all the clever electronics to rein things in a bit, it'd be practically unrideable as with most of these high power super-nakeds. I can't see the point except as a weekend warrior on decent quiet roads.....not that easy to find in my neck of the woods :ROFLMAO: It is fug ugly though. Someone actually sat in an office and sketched that out and thought "got it!".

I reckon it'd look better without the orange sideburns. The stacked lamps are definitely a throwback to the KTM Duke II 640. I had one for 4 years and that was a proper hooligan tool you could ring the neck of without scaring yourself....huge fun. Shame it's no longer with us as the later incarnations lost the light weight and relative simplicity from the 690 onwards as well as suffering their own fair share of reliability and build issues. the Duke II was just 140Kg, mildly tuned they were good for close on 70bhp and could launch the front off throttle in 2nd easily (ask me how I know hociffer :devilish:....not on public roads...honest...) and run rings around sportsbikes on B roads. I'd have another Duke II in a heartbeat but not a superduke. Their reliability rep scares me off as does the prospect of my licence being torn up within a week of purchase.

I am test riding one of these (the Evo model) this week as I want to swap my S1000RR For a naked bike in order to slow me down.

Any more feedback on them from the collective here would be most welcome.
How did the test ride go?

How did the test ride go?
It was good thanks. There is a lot to like about the bike. It is as most reviewers state, very fast with the power coming in straight away. It tails off in the midrange but it is superb fun. The things I thought were great; quickshifter brilliant, handling very good, suspension fantastic, sounded brilliant and I liked the looks of it in the flesh too, although the radiator sticks out like a sore thumb and looked really untidy.

Less convincing; the brakes weren’t brilliant, it was probably a bit too loud and the riding position, whilst good, caused more wrist ache than my S1000RR.

Overall, I really liked it but not quite enough to buy it, primarily because I have reservations over reliability and I think it is overpriced. KTM seem to regularly do deals so I will wait for that at the very least.

One thing is for sure though, it absolutely convinced me that I have got to change my S1000RR for a naked bike. At 80mph, you just don‘t want to go any faster due to the lack of wind protection and noise. It definitely slows you down. The RR is the opposite, the faster you go, the more planted it feels and you can get to a silly speed (a ban or worse for sure) very easily and quickly. If I still did track days I would keep it but I think the S1000RR is simply too fast for the road.

It was good thanks. There is a lot to like about the bike. It is as most reviewers state, very fast with the power coming in straight away. It tails off in the midrange but it is superb fun. The things I thought were great; quickshifter brilliant, handling very good, suspension fantastic, sounded brilliant and I liked the looks of it in the flesh too, although the radiator sticks out like a sore thumb and looked really untidy.

Less convincing; the brakes weren’t brilliant, it was probably a bit too loud and the riding position, whilst good, caused more wrist ache than my S1000RR.

Overall, I really liked it but not quite enough to buy it, primarily because I have reservations over reliability and I think it is overpriced. KTM seem to regularly do deals so I will wait for that at the very least.

One thing is for sure though, it absolutely convinced me that I have got to change my S1000RR for a naked bike. At 80mph, you just don‘t want to go any faster due to the lack of wind protection and noise. It definitely slows you down. The RR is the opposite, the faster you go, the more planted it feels and you can get to a silly speed (a ban or worse for sure) very easily and quickly. If I still did track days I would keep it but I think the S1000RR is simply too fast for the road.
Thanks for that - I have a 690 Duke and that's plenty fast enough for me, I can't imagine how much jail time I'd get with almost triple the power!

Back
Top Bottom