ABR 2023

widget

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Any one else from here going?

Take cash incase the wifi is still shite

Wifi/internet signal was shite last year. Was sometimes difficult to pay by card. Cash is King.

I rarely bother with cash these days, so thanks for the heads up.

Phone Signal was OK for me , but I saw lots of folk walking up towards the house where signal reception was better. Keep an eye out for this place, a lovely atmosphere in the evening, you pay “ what you think its worth” for drinks. IMG_3311.jpeg

will be my 3rd time going this year each year seems to get better and better. I tried cash last year some places for food would not take my lovely Scottish money so I take the chance with card payments

I'm going, first time for me, going alone and never camped either, anything i should bear in mind apart from the shite wifi?

I'm going, first time for me, going alone and never camped either, anything i should bear in mind apart from the shite wifi?
You be fine there are loads of solo riders there. I am coming down from Scotland Solo showers are amazing nice and clean toilets are the same best facilities at a festival by far free tea and coffee in the morning. Phone signal can be hit or miss depending on where you are but who needs a phone when got loads to do and see and drink and eat?

Thanks Chaps, what about security for your bits and pieces when you're away from your tent? sorry if thats a stupid question, first time camper

I have a full 3 day ticket for sale, (as I'm not now able to go) if anyone knows of anyone that wants one. Cost me £149, will sell for £100. Ticket has my name on it, but I don't think that that would matter. 07971 718955

I'm a first timer now going as I just bought a ticket from someone that cant go is there any plan to get together in the camping field which I guess is going to be massive
can you get in early I could do with getting there Thursday for the early start Friday

I'm a first timer now going as I just bought a ticket from someone that cant go is there any plan to get together in the camping field which I guess is going to be massive
can you get in early I could do with getting there Thursday for the early start Friday

You cannot get in on Thursday…without a Thursday VIP ticket
So you will have to go Friday

We're going up Thursday but camping nearby. The idea of paying £65 to arrive on Thursday is fucking ludicrous, as is having to leave on Sunday.

We're going up Thursday but camping nearby. The idea of paying £65 to arrive on Thursday is fucking ludicrous, as is having to leave on Sunday.

It’s turned into a money paying exercise & therefore I am giving it a miss

Me too. You gotta queue from 7 30 am to get a sniff of a test ride. Not going to bother this year either

So onto the thorny issue of tyres and riding around the trails, i'm on Trail Attack 3s at the mo, probably a 90/10 tyre, i assume as long as it stays dry these will be ok?
Got some off road experience, done a few BMW Off Road Skills courses, etc

Me too. You gotta queue from 7 30 am to get a sniff of a test ride. Not going to bother this year either
Yep, we were on the Yamaha stand at 7.35am and the queue was already 35 folks and the desk didn't open until 8am
I was lucky to get on the World Raid as it was just a road ride only and we got bumped to the front at 8am and on the bike at 10am, but the whole registration took an hour
Didn't bother with other marques as the rides were booked out for the Saturday by 9am and so didn't bother

All the marquee seem booked out really early.Could not be bothered more interested in having my breakfast .
This event is OK you can ride trusty steed around a few fields and listen to some infamous speakers during the day.
Have a couple a beers and listen to some bands.
I am sure this this year’s event will be a trusted repeat of previous years?
Adventure rider magazine seems to of morphed into ABR festival sales brochure .

Back
Top Bottom