Advice please....

Urban Rider

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've had a Zumo 550 for many years now and last year subscribed for lifetime map updates. I've downloaded the required maps i need but every now and then when I turn the unit on I get a message advising that the City navigator NT 2011 map is out of date and needs updating!!! This after I've updated all the maps. Is there a way of deleting the old version of city navigator off the unit to stop this happening?

Thanks in advance:thumb2

Chris

just a thought, but are you sure you updated the maps on the device and not just on your PC?

there'll be a screen somewhere on your 550 which will tell you which maps are actually on there.

Hi Cookie,

Yep maps fully updated on the unit. In fact if you look at the map info page it clearly states City Navigator NT 2015???

Very strange..

Mine does this if the new map goes on an SD card, in which case both maps are there. The new one on the card, the older one on the unit itself. Perhaps you have a card in your unit?

Mine does this if the new map goes on an SD card, in which case both maps are there. The new one on the card, the older one on the unit itself. Perhaps you have a card in your unit?

Hi Chris,

Yes there is an SD card in the unit but there are no maps installed on it. It's only ever been used for music..

Just a thought but.... It is unlikely that you have managed to add all of the 2015 maps on your Zumo as the memory is not big enough for the original maps and full Europe replacement. Most of us resolve this by putting newer maps on 4gig sd cards. If this is the case your 550 is probably 'looking at' bits of 2011 maps too which is why it is probably confused.

I would love to remove my original maps too but I scared I will cock it all up.

Neil

Just a thought but.... It is unlikely that you have managed to add all of the 2015 maps on your Zumo as the memory is not big enough for the original maps and full Europe replacement. Most of us resolve this by putting newer maps on 4gig sd cards. If this is the case your 550 is probably 'looking at' bits of 2011 maps too which is why it is probably confused.

I would love to remove my original maps too but I scared I will cock it all up.

Neil

Cheers Neil,

Seems you were right!! After a bit of investigating i did have the 2011 map on the SD card and have now removed it and all good.

One other question, I'm now looking to install all of Europe on the SD card but when I open Express to install it I only get the option of Northwest Europe Partial region 2015??? Why can't i see the rest of it?

The only thing that springs to mind is that either your sd card is not big enough or you have not downloaded all of Europe.

If you want to delete your old maps from your 550, this is how I did mine.

Firstly, make a new folder in Documents, then connect your 550 and make a copy of the entire zumo's hard drive. If anything goes wrong, you can always upload the copy back into you 550.

Take out the SD card.

With the 550 connected, look into the it's hard drive, and look for the largest file stored on it. This is the map file.It's the only one over 1gb. Then delete it. I've got a 590 now, and it's been a while since I had the 550, but I'm sure the file was named 'IMGMAP' IIRC.

If it all goes wrong, you still have the original copy to load back into your unit.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom