Andalucía and southern Portugal, May 2023

Day 15. 26th May.

The last full day of this trip, which was a meandering route back to the hotel that I stayed in on the first night to sort out my luggage and wash the bike to return to the storage facility in the morning.

When I booked into the hotel I found out that the Portuguese Easyjet cabin crew had gone on strike and a lot of flights were canceled, but after a look on the Easyjet app I was pleased to see that my flight home would be leaving as normal because it was crewed by UK cabin crew, Phew.

Day 16. 27th May.

Up at 7am for breakfast, loaded up the bike and took it to the storage facility for 9am, the truck and trailer were already there to start loading up for the return trip to Ireland.

Got a lift to the airport, which was very crowded but the flight left on time and I was back home in just over 3 hours.

I had a great time meandering around the back roads of Andalucia and southern Portugal, the roads were mainly in brilliant condition and had very little traffic on them and some stunning little villages along the way.

Collected the bike from Overlanders the following Saturday.

They have a really smooth operation here and I will no doubt be using them again in the future.

Great report and thanks for posting. we are not long back, flew Dublin to Bilbao, picked up the bikes and two weeks later flew out of Faro after dropping the bikes at the Vehicle Storage depot near the airport. WSBK in Portimao and home! Very efficient on both ends. Overlanders are the way to go, if you can get a slot!IMG_7660.jpg
IMG_7578.jpg
IMG_7652.jpg
IMG_7629.jpg

Fabulous trip report
I have just finished reading it
I intend to map it out with a view to incorporating some of it into a future trip … especially Elvas !
Which model of sat nav do you use ?
Thanks for posting

Fabulous trip report
I have just finished reading it
I intend to map it out with a view to incorporating some of it into a future trip … especially Elvas !
Which model of sat nav do you use ?
Thanks for posting
Elvas is a lovely little town with lots of history, if you like that sort of thing, plenty of places to visit.

I use a TomTom 550 along with Michelin maps, the winding route function took me along some lovely winding traffic free roads.

Great report, thanks. And you have a good eye for a photo. Looks like you had a great trip. Might have to look into shipping myself next year.

Made nice reading that, thank you! Monserraz is one of my favourite places in the world. It manages to be historic, without being too twee. If you do go there, book a hotel inside the walls and save your exploring until after 4pm. Once the tour buses have gone, it's amazingly peaceful. To be fair, the restaurants are nothing to shout about, but they're getting better!

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting.

It seems reminders of immortality were common in medieval times.
If you are in Waterford a visit to Christchurch Cathedral has an interesting tomb of James Rice (known as cadaver tomb i believe).

Thanks for posting.

It seems reminders of immortality were common in medieval times.
If you are in Waterford a visit to Christchurch Cathedral has an interesting tomb of James Rice (known as cadaver tomb i believe).
Mortality , not immortality (sorry)

Nice report, learnt some new things that have been noted for our 2024 tour.
Handy to know that good accommodation at reasonable rates are still to be found.

Great trip report - really enjoyed it and have found a few new places to add to the must see in Portugal!

Back
Top Bottom