Are we the odd ones out?

There is no urgency to replace it but I'm told that Triumph no longer provide support for bikes over 10 years old?
The availability of parts is what makes the airheads desirable,
There are ,obviously a few bits that are unobtainable but for the most part you can get everything you’d need.

The availability of parts is what makes the airheads desirable,
There are ,obviously a few bits that are unobtainable but for the most part you can get everything you’d need.
Aside from the headlight bracket, what are the other parts that are unobtanium Mikey?

Aside from the headlight bracket, what are the other parts that are unobtanium Mikey?
Off the top of my head,
90s fuel tank,clocks,switch gear.
G/s seat latch,final drives and rear wheels,working speedos,standard 5th gear wheel.tanks are getting hard to find as well,subframes are scarce.
Oem GS handle bars,para lever wheels are very pricey.
Bing carbs

Off the top of my head,
G/s seat latch,final drives and rear wheels,working speedos,standard 5th gear wheel.tanks are getting hard to find as well,subframes are scarce.
Bing carbs
On G/S subframes, they are still available new from BMW Germany (via a UK dealer). But 21 Aug 23 enquiry showed only 9 available.

Off the top of my head,
Bing carbs
I’ve got a subframe and seat catch ( no key) I’d sell. Just never got around to advertising them.

Hmmm Sherlock’s
I’ve never been spoken to so rudely by anyone as the last time I tried to spend money with them
..never again.
Crikey, and it's entirely possible that you spend more on airhead parts than anyone else in the UK..! That's pretty poor.

Crikey, and it's entirely possible that you spend more on airhead parts than anyone else in the UK..! That's pretty poor.
He, Mr. Sherlock, wasn’t what you’d call friendly when I went there to stock up on spares before our African travels some 30 years ago. Only a couple of months later, I had to get Motorworks to ship an exhaust nut span out to us in Suez and they couldn’t have been more helpful.

Should have used a hammer and drift as they weren’t very tight!

Hmmm Sherlock’s
I’ve never been spoken to so rudely by anyone as the last time I tried to spend money with them
..never again.
Yep, I'd agree! They're pretty much on my doorstep but it'll be a cold day in hell before i use them! Terrible attitude!

Someone in USA is producing metal printed gs seat locks……. Just need the barrel and key.

Off the top of my head,
Bing carbs
Hope you’re stockpiling a few of them for us Mikey

How depressing. I just ran an eBay search on 'BMW R80'.

Probably 70% of the bikes were bobbers, custom or 'brat' bikes. Most were awfully done.

So many good old airheads turned into abominations. I know the bobber thing has been popular, but I was surprised that such a great proportion of R80 stock has been butchered.

How depressing. I just ran an eBay search on 'BMW R80'.

Probably 70% of the bikes were bobbers, custom or 'brat' bikes. Most were awfully done.

So many good old airheads turned into abominations. I know the bobber thing has been popular, but I was surprised that such a great proportion of R80 stock has been butchered.
Same or perhaps worse here is France, also K bricks. They seem to expect to add value by just stripping the bike down and adding a different seat. In some respects it’s worse here as currently there is no MOT on bikes.

Back
Top Bottom