Been looking at my helmet

jaydee

So, now I have your attention, having decided to go the GS route, I reckon I ought to replace the ageing AGV lid, thinking about getting a BMW one. Would be grateful for any advice on this from current users. Thanks

If your going for a Bmw helmet wait until the sales are on,
i don't know anyone who's paid full price ;)

This time of year especially with the low sun you can't beat something with a peak :)

Was in SPC last week had all sizes and lots of colours of system 4 all for £125, bought mine off ebay in early december cost me £112, what a twat

:rolleyes:

Was in....

neil harrison said:
Was in SPC last week had all sizes and lots of colours of system 4 all for £125, bought mine off ebay in early december cost me £112, what a twat

:rolleyes:

SPC today, all BMW System 4 helmets back up to £250.00

They have the BMW not flip at £150

Mick

:beerjug:

Thanks a lot for the info, looks like I missed the boat on the price deal. Is the 'FLIP' a good idea?

Try a Caberg Justissimo Plus one. It's a flip front helmet with a pull down sunvisor and only costs £150. I've had mine for nearly a year now and I reckon it's excellent. As comfortable and quiet as my old XLite and the sunvisor is the most useful addition to a helmet since a cheese remover. :D

Do a search on the board for CABERG as they appear in more than 1 thread.

Cheers

Dick

Ah another Justissimo afficianado!! I to have had one for a year or so. neat bit of kit. Its not up there with the Arai I had b4 it, but there again I didnt have to pay 350 quid for it! However, its comfortable, reasonable quality, and the sunshield is excellent. Why all helmts dont have them is beyond me.
The only thing I dont really like about it, is that the anti-fog insert is rubbish. It only attaches at the side edgeas of the visor, and I found condesation getting between it and the visor. In the end I took it off, and have had to reort to Bob Heath visor spray eve4ry day. Rather have used a Fog City, but it wont fit.

Flying banana

Grandma sucking eggs and all that but its all down to fit.
No use having your dream lid if its a pain after 10 minutes.
Schubert Concept flip, fantastic bit of kit, built in sun visor is a boon in spring/autumn/winter and a bit in summer.
Try a load on before buying

jaydee said:
Thanks a lot for the info, looks like I missed the boat on the price deal. Is the 'FLIP' a good idea?

I've had my EVO IV for 11 months now and wouldn't go back to an ordinary full face, the main benefit is the obvious, you can grab a drink, ask directions, and in my case answer the mobile (on speaker) without removing your helmet, in a hot climate just flipping the front up in town traffic is a big plus.
I WILL check out a few other makes before buying my next one though, the Schubert's one I'll be looking at for sure.
I hope there's one that's quieter, but if not, wearing ear plugs isn't the end of the world:cool:

Back
Top Bottom