Biking plans for 2027

Planning on having 2 months off work from Aug 27 and doing a 50 day europe trip. Riding to Croatia, then down to Greece spending a week off the bike in Halkidiki, then to Romania, spending 2 days off the bike in Hungary looking up some old friends. Then making my way back. No camping but may change, travelling solo at present. If I like somewhere I will want to stop hence a window of 50 days with wriggle room.
 
Same as Wessie, still in 2026 here

Off in a week or so, probably going to do a Billy no mates lap around the outside of France for no particular reason, trying to follow the borders and coastline as close as is practical
Not sure how far North you'll get, but we'll be pottering round between Nantes & St Malo.....
 
Not sure how far North you'll get, but we'll be pottering round between Nantes & St Malo.....

Oops, change of plan I’m afraid, I'm keeping the lap of France to do with wifey

I’m going down the Route Napoleon this time and then back up on the RDGA

Happy trails in Brittany ✌️
 
Slight change of plan here too. I’ve been watching videos of the Sandraiders event and have decided it’s just too hard for me. So my lad is doing it with his mate and we’re looking at the Hardalpitour. Has anyone done this? We’re looking at the discovery level. 400km over 2 days a night in a hotel. 70% of it on roads and the off road sections are very easy apparently. Just who’s very easy I don’t know but it does look more like an event I could do.
 
Yes…. Even though I am still enjoying our Spain and France jaunt am thinking about another one next year… same sort of idea really.
2 weeks, ferry from Portsmouth. 2 days Picos and back through France.
Max 3 pax….
 
Last edited:
Santander ferry booked for May, hopefully Portugal but, Spain if the weather doesn’t play ball.
I also want to do the Balkans in September, will see if funds allow.
 
I’ve got a trip to the Portuguese Moto GP on the bike in November.

Plans for next year?? Nothing concrete but hopefully a trip (or two) to Dent, The Pyrenees, camping again like this year, and maybe a Moto GP?
 
Slight change of plan here too. I’ve been watching videos of the Sandraiders event and have decided it’s just too hard for me. So my lad is doing it with his mate and we’re looking at the Hardalpitour. Has anyone done this? We’re looking at the discovery level. 400km over 2 days a night in a hotel. 70% of it on roads and the off road sections are very easy apparently. Just who’s very easy I don’t know but it does look more like an event I could do.
Couple of mates have done it.
I would be interested.
Haven’t done any off roading since leaving Derbyshire (2023) but used to do quite a lot.
Probably got a suitable bike!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5228.jpeg
    IMG_5228.jpeg
    258.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5276.jpeg
    IMG_5276.jpeg
    419.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 8a12b8f9-b61d-46ff-ad73-f7d533b7ef7b.jpeg
    8a12b8f9-b61d-46ff-ad73-f7d533b7ef7b.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 11
I think I’m going to go to Alaska and the Yukon and bike around a bit with Bilco of this very parish.

I mentioned this only two days ago to the lovely hotel proprietor I was at in France over breakfast - she is French Canadian, and she just looked at me with big eyes and said - “Motorcycle? - you know the bears are a real thing, right?”

😂😂😂
 
I think I’m going to go to Alaska and the Yukon and bike around a bit with Bilco of this very parish.

I mentioned this only two days ago to the lovely hotel proprietor I was at in France over breakfast - she is French Canadian, and she just looked at me with big eyes and said - “Motorcycle? - you know the bears are a real thing, right?”

😂😂😂
Nothing wrong with being taken back to a hirsute male's dungeon biker boy
 
We’ve booked a Spain/ France jobby for next May . No cruise down . Going to ride both ways instead .
HDO in Picos as has to be done , then a few Paradors and back over Pyrenees and up through Périgord to Loire valley etc . About 13 nights.
@grantmac has even threatened to join us , so there might be a bit of faffing whilst we wait for the WankPanzer 😜
 
Last edited:
I think I’m going to go to Alaska and the Yukon and bike around a bit with Bilco of this very parish.

I mentioned this only two days ago to the lovely hotel proprietor I was at in France over breakfast - she is French Canadian, and she just looked at me with big eyes and said - “Motorcycle? - you know the bears are a real thing, right?”

😂😂😂
I have a friend that lived over there for a while and told me his biggest adjustment was not to just jump out his car at random places and take in the magnificent scenery (as we all do in Scotland)!
All he carried was a big knife when first there.
Yeah, bears are real and you might even stumble across the polar variety where you’re going?! lol
Honourable mention for wolverines as well 😬
 


Back
Top Bottom