Bunkhouse Piss Up And Nosebag on 09/05/15

Yup still are but you can get tinga tinga too we named our last Newfie tinga Swahili for dog alledgedly. Thank god would have been imbarrising if it was cat :eek:

Thanks to every one for a great night and thanks to Bhud and Gerrard for sorting food and cooking it, will be back thanks again

Phew. I'm glad my memory was spot in and I had indeed posted this.

One poor guy missed the fun cos he couldn't find the hall.

Actually, found the hall eventually. Got off the bike, helmet off......saw you all inside eating, drinking and carousing then looked at my watch..... Only to discover I had four minutes left before I had, HAD to leave.
Thought about staying but decided it would be too much of an interruption to your festivities. Back on the bike at 21.15, South to Bgowrie for petrol.....closed. To Dunkeld, near miss with an annoyed stag, back up the A9......BP station in Pitlochry closed at 21.59 and home by 22.30 - frozen!
But thanks. You all looked Merry!

Actually, found the hall eventually. Got off the bike, helmet off......saw you all inside eating, drinking and carousing then looked at my watch..... Only to discover I had four minutes left before I had, HAD to leave.
Thought about staying but decided it would be too much of an interruption to your festivities. Back on the bike at 21.15, South to Bgowrie for petrol.....closed. To Dunkeld, near miss with an annoyed stag, back up the A9......BP station in Pitlochry closed at 21.59 and home by 22.30 - frozen!
But thanks. You all looked Merry!

Aaah! Well into the simple peasant fare by then...pheasant breasts wrapped in bacon in a redwine sauce (3 bottles), or venison casserole in a rich sauce which had amongst other things..1 bottle of port, ! bottle of red wine, juniper berries, orange zest and....anchovies...in it....or both, together with a sort of gratin dauphinoise. Some one mentioned vegetables....OK it was Bhud....and my witty riposte was 'flip me....you'll want a flipping salad next...'

Good fun.

The hall is a great venue and extraordinary value at 12 quid a head. Good to see some new bodies, and some old ones that had been AWOL for a while.

Sorry to have missed this folks, was away down in Dumfries in the p*shing rain at the weekend, hope a good time was had and hope to make the next one...

Back
Top Bottom