cable routing on a 1200

mac964

Reaction score
Did a bit of retail therapy this morning and ended up buying a lovely 2610 from GPSW - good to meet you Ram - Man

I'm going to wire the power direct from the battery via the supplied fused cable but have a query re cable routing

Having never looked under the tank etc before would apreciate tips:

Do I have to remove tank to install cabling?

or can I bodge ( as per normal!)

Cheers

Mac

I just unbolted one side of the tank to run the wires along the existing loom and tied them to the frame. Power was taken from the accessory socket to a Centauch fuse box which powers the 2610 and the autocom. Using this power connection both devices power up and off on the ignition but stay on for about 45 seconds after the ignition is switched off.

I didnt remove any parts to run the cabling. You can run the new cable from the battery, along the left hand loom, under the small black side cover and along the frame under the tank. Access is reasonably easy for cables and cable ties.

mac964 said:
Did a bit of retail therapy this morning and ended up buying a lovely 2610 from GPSW - good to meet you Ram - Man

I'm going to wire the power direct from the battery via the supplied fused cable but have a query re cable routing

Having never looked under the tank etc before would apreciate tips:

Do I have to remove tank to install cabling?

or can I bodge ( as per normal!)

Cheers

Mac

Hello Mac,

If you want me to pop over and show you how I've wired in my 2610, Autocom, etc. then drop me a line. You certainly don't need to remoive the tank, but a Touratech TPS-15 might be handy if you intend to fit any extra kit.

Bonj (fellow Stockwell dweller, we met at Hein Gericke)

Back
Top Bottom