Disconnecting BMW alarm

jack.pe

Hi,

I bought my 1200GS (2004) a few weeks back, it has an alarm bu tit does not work, the little light on the fob blinks but nothing happens. I'm not too bothered about having one but am worried the existing non wrking one might drain the battery or immobilise the bike at some stage, is this likely? and if so should I just disconnect it?

Cheers

Jack

Hi,

I bought my 1200GS (2004) a few weeks back, it has an alarm bu tit does not work, the little light on the fob blinks but nothing happens. I'm not too bothered about having one but am worried the existing non wrking one might drain the battery or immobilise the bike at some stage, is this likely? and if so should I just disconnect it?

Cheers

Jack

Alarm battery dead if nothings happens on bike when FOB button pressed. But, I would have expected an error message on display.

D

Don't think I can reset since the alarm does not respond at all and the reset from that link seems to necessitate some control with the fob... but thanks for the suggestion.

Hi
Take a look in the alarm manual and try to recode the fob.
Fredrik

There are two little batteries in the alarm unit, takes about an hour to change them

Hi,

It turns out it was actually the most obvious thing, the battery in the remote :augie. I had excluded this becasue the lights was flashing when the button was pressed and I assumed it was ok, but then when I was trying to reset the alarm the remote stopped flashing altoghether and I realised that was probably the issue all along. Now working fine.. Thanks for all your advice.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom