Engine start fault?

The starter relay recall has happened. Mine has been ordered my my supplying dealer and I'm hoping it happens this week.

I’ve had the startin* issue a couple of times when I’ve been out, switch on and off again then all fine……..not today though.

Had it on the drive to give it a clean, then had to push it back into the garage as it won’t start.🤔☹️

Fucking hell I've dropped a right bollock ordering one

I've had the new starter relay and have had some non start issues even after the recall. Dash lights up, everything looks good, press the button, nothing. Press it again, nothing. Wait 20 seconds, starts fine.

I’ve had the startin* issue a couple of times when I’ve been out, switch on and off again then all fine……..not today though.

Had it on the drive to give it a clean, then had to push it back into the garage as it won’t start.🤔☹️
Any news on your bike ?

Any news on your bike ?
So mine was put on stop with the first starter relay recall just before Xmas, new relay fitted and delivered 1st weekend in Jan. BMW assist came tonight, checked battery and all good, checked his computer and it’s subject to the 2nd relay recall so he is bringing one tomorrow to try that. 🤞🏻🤞🏻

So mine was put on stop with the first starter relay recall just before Xmas, new relay fitted and delivered 1st weekend in Jan. BMW assist came tonight, checked battery and all good, checked his computer and it’s subject to the 2nd relay recall so he is bringing one tomorrow to try that. 🤞🏻🤞🏻
UPDATE....No relays in stock, bike being recovered back to the dealership on Thursday afternoon and they will do diagnostic check and call me with and update:rolleyes:

UPDATE....No relays in stock, bike being recovered back to the dealership on Thursday afternoon and they will do diagnostic check and call me with and update:rolleyes:
Excellent news ,what a fuck up this new GS has been!

"Do a diagnostic check" .
Stick a spanner across the relay , that will do a diagnostics check of the relay the old way :) .

Not good is it !. I guess all the relays they can produce\obtain are being fitted to new bikes to keep the production lines going. Think they do need to think about existing customers more and give some priority to the supply of relays both for spares and the recalls. Mine has been waiting about a month now for the "enhancement" (new relay) , luckily existing one is still working ok; although it does sometimes not kick in on the first press of the start button.
Also ordered engine crash bars same time as the new bike last November & they haven't appeared. Received bike at the beginning of January!.
New Trophy models ordered with endurance package seems to be coming through with engine bars, yet there's no OE engine bars if they were ordered separately.

FURTHER UPDATE…..thought I’d give the bike a try tonight before it gets recovered tomorrow, guess what……it fired up no problem.

I can only assume that water had got in somewhere when cleaning and it’s now dried out, i haven’t cancelled the recovery though as there’s clearly something wrong 🤔🤔

FURTHER UPDTAE ON PREVIOUS FURTHER UPDATE……recovered to dealers this morning, they have my relay in stock as it was ordered ready to change I’m on its first service booked for 16th March. Relay and service being done today and hopefully back this afternoon. Oh, and a nice little goodwill gesture thrown in too😉

FURTHER UPDTAE ON PREVIOUS FURTHER UPDATE……recovered to dealers this morning, they have my relay in stock as it was ordered ready to change I’m on its first service booked for 16th March. Relay and service being done today and hopefully back this afternoon. Oh, and a nice little goodwill gesture thrown in too😉
Good news (y)

I've had the new starter relay and have had some non start issues even after the recall. Dash lights up, everything looks good, press the button, nothing. Press it again, nothing. Wait 20 seconds, starts fine.
Had the same issue did raise it with dealer who said they are not aware of it! Seems odd since many are reporting it

It'll be in the dealer "Little Book Of Excuses" along with other classic lines like "they all do that sir" and "unfortunately the odometer reading on your round-the-world bike is too high to offer any more on your part exchange".

Back
Top Bottom