First there was to be seven. Now it’s five to Spa Francorchamps

I used to be pushed around in a Silver Cross pram in the early 70's with a roof just like that!:DD
Lovely looking motor.
 
I watched the start from Aue Rouge, the noise was amazing, you could feel it. Those GT40’s were quick. One of them, No9 I think, started from the pit lane and went about picking them off lap by lap. IMG_4229.jpeg
 
I think I saw you Keith, walking towards the grandstand at the top of Raidillon, just after Eau Rouge, We were going the other way. I tried waving, but carrying two jugs of beer at the same time was not easy.
 
Last edited:
Before taking up position in the grandstand opposite the old pits, to watch the large grid form for the 6-hour race.

IMG_2403.jpegIMG_2404.jpegIMG_2405.jpegIMG_2406.jpegIMG_2407.jpegIMG_2408.jpeg

The little Ginetta (car 2) was right up there, mixed in with the GT40 cars. They were leading the race last year, only to retire when they lost a wheel. Only needing to refuel once, I think it is and having two very quick drivers, makes up for having only a 1700 cc engine.

IMG_2409.jpeg
 
At one point I was at this same spot, behind this guy with his Max Verstappen T shirt. Having never been to Spa before I only had TV impressions of this section of the track. TV doesn’t do it justice, the compression, in any of the fast cars but particularly the F1’s must be savage.
 
The new bridge across the track, connecting with the new ‘tower’ has some good views. The bridge is not normally accessible to the general public, reserved most usually for VIP’s.

IMG_2417.jpegIMG_2424.jpegIMG_2445.jpegIMG_2452.jpegIMG_2461.jpeg
IMG_2417.jpegIMG_2424.jpegIMG_2445.jpegIMG_2452.jpegIMG_2461.jpeg

A feature of the 6-hour race is the cars having to refuel at what is in effect a public petrol station in the middle of the paddock. The driver has to do the filling.

IMG_2474.jpegIMG_2475.jpegIMG_2477.jpegIMG_2481.jpegIMG_2485.jpegIMG_2486.jpeg
IMG_2491.jpegIMG_2492.jpegIMG_2494.jpeg
 
The new bridge across the track, connecting with the new ‘tower’ has some good views. The bridge is not normally accessible to the general public, reserved most usually for VIP’s.

View attachment 542138View attachment 542139View attachment 542140View attachment 542141View attachment 542142
View attachment 542138View attachment 542139View attachment 542140View attachment 542141View attachment 542142

A feature of the 6-hour race is the cars having to refuel at what is in effect a public petrol station in the middle of the paddock. The driver has to do the filling.

View attachment 542144View attachment 542145View attachment 542146View attachment 542147View attachment 542148View attachment 542149
View attachment 542150View attachment 542151View attachment 542152
Don’t forget the points!
 


Back
Top Bottom