Five things you hate and five things you love about your R1300GS.

I agree. You do read some horseshit on this forum, don't you?
From the comments on here and from the number of GS/GSA’s you see around with aftermarket seats or the front of the seat set on high and the rear on low most folk seem to disagree. I fixed my 1200 with both an aftermarket seat & an AirHawk.

The standard seat on my 1150 has been fine from the off, I just added a sheepskin to make it very comfortable on those longer days.
 
I find the low seat on mine very comfortable.
My standard height comfort seat is fine too, in approaching 3 years I've had the bike never looked to change it or change angles, everyone is running a different seat H/M/L comfort/vs non comfort version and a different backside! Opinions are very subjective - mine is I prefer a slightly firmer seat over a spongey soft seat, and find it comfortable to ride all day with a break every 2/3 hours.
 
From the comments on here and from the number of GS/GSA’s you see around with aftermarket seats or the front of the seat set on high and the rear on low most folk seem to disagree. I fixed my 1200 with both an aftermarket seat & an AirHawk.

The standard seat on my 1150 has been fine from the off, I just added a sheepskin to make it very comfortable on those longer days.
Name me a (modern) bike where you don't find riders have "improved" their seat?

If you go back to 1150 times when you say they made the last good seats there was nowhere near the options you have now, and so most made do, or spent a lot of money on the very limited choice. Plenty of 1150s with Sargent seats, and plenty of 1150s with reupholstered originals.
 
IMO BMW's last bikes with comfortable factory seats were probably the /7's and GS PD solo. They've put out varying degrees of discomfort since.

I should add in my experience it's been my experience with most motorcycles regardless of brand, the V85TT being an exception.
 
Last edited:


Back
Top Bottom