Green lane rideout circa 100 miles

Blacknbluex2

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After todays ride I said I would organise a tour around the Ely Cambs area so here it is.
Dates, can’t please everyone so choose (I can do this ride more than once if enough people can make it on different days)
16 or 17 Sept
7or8 Oct
14 or 15 Oct
21or 22 Oct
Any weekend in Nov
Approximately 100 miles round trip can be shortened obviously.
Plenty of safe parking off road where I live ..
All welcome
Pick your dates .
Max of 8 bikes in 1 group per day
so 7 others .
Away you go then
Disclaimer, I’m at the age now where the good lord may request my company at any time so your ride may have to be cancelled at short notice , sorry if this may cause some disruption to your planned ride(s)
Boots are size 11

The nearest big town to me when i was a youngster

Let me check the diary, and hall pass folder :)

That's very kind.
Yes please. I can do any date once my ankle's sorted. Op. is on 25th Sept, insha'Allah.

As per title It’s mostly legal byways so green lanes / off road (mostly)
Please don’t turn up on your fancy 1250Gsa unless you’re Lyndon Poskitt or similar riding god like person.
There will be a mixture of lanes, grass, hard dirt which can/ will be slippery if wet so suitable bikes with off road type tyres should be fine .
Airhead specials like Colin’s, Tufty’s etc all good. It’s all doable on a suitable bike.

November for me
Thanks for the generous never ever done any lanes in that part.

Don’t be nervous guys the lanes are mostly ok … couple that are a bit gnarly but no worse than the one were I led for 10 minutes up that grassy hilly bit yesterday
So long as 2 or 3 turn up I can lead this multiple times to suit everyone ( hopefully)
So far 2 for Oct.
Paul S … you’ll be fine on your 701 as it is if it’s dry ish
I just don’t want people turning up on road tyres and riding lanes on wet grass as it does get slippery.
Get some dates sorted lads 👍

I’ll be up for it. Beginning of Nov would be better for me also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having regretfully departed the E Midlands section in Jan I’ d welcome the opportunity to renew acquaintance with some of the old dogs on here - No offence gentlemen!

Would like to come since I missed the last one. November would work for me, maybe October too.

Lovely weekend forecast, i'll be out tomorrow if anyone wants to tag along, 9am kick off, Paul S, Tetley, Tufty, F8gs plus all you other EM green laners .... conditions are lovely right now, get down here its less than 2 hours from Nottingham.

Suitable for a pretty much complete novice on a Himalayan ?

I’m interested if so, but will need to check dates

Cheers,

Matt

That's very kind.
Yes please. I can do any date once my ankle's sorted. Op. is on 25th Sept, insha'Allah.
The op. was yesterday not the 25th as above, apologies for the typo. It ended up being bigger than the surgeon expected which means I'm unlikely to even sit on a bike for 6 weeks so I'll have to play this one by ear a little bit but I would love to do something like this whenever I'm fit enough to do so please. (y)

After todays ride I said I would organise a tour around the Ely Cambs area so here it is.
Dates, can’t please everyone so choose (I can do this ride more than once if enough people can make it on different days)
16 or 17 Sept
7or8 Oct
14 or 15 Oct
21or 22 Oct
Any weekend in Nov
Approximately 100 miles round trip can be shortened obviously.
Plenty of safe parking off road where I live ..
All welcome
Pick your dates .
Max of 8 bikes in 1 group per day
so 7 others .
Away you go then
Disclaimer, I’m at the age now where the good lord may request my company at any time so your ride may have to be cancelled at short notice , sorry if this may cause some disruption to your planned ride(s)
Boots are size 11
Bugger! Way too big. :D

Yep, can do next weekend if anyone else wants to ….Sat or Sun I can work round
Not the weekend 28/29 Oct as I will be mostly in Devon
👍
Mjhb, your are more than welcome ….. be prepared to fall off now and again ….. ride in the middle of the group so you always have someone to take a photo then help 👍

Yep, can do next weekend if anyone else wants to ….Sat or Sun I can work round
Not the weekend 28/29 Oct as I will be mostly in Devon

Mjhb, your are more than welcome ….. be prepared to fall off now and again ….. ride in the middle of the group so you always have someone to take a photo then help

Great ! Many thanks. Let me check the dates again as I have moved jobs and am now the new boy

I’m free on Saturday 11th November
If that works for anyone?

Back
Top Bottom