For Sale HD Road King Classic 1999 - Twin cam 1450cc

brut33

Ice Cold in St.Helens
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
Oct 19, 2014
Messages
15,434
Reaction score
6,953
Location
Lancashire
I bought the bike 2012 with 12k on the clock. Serviced by me since, oil and filter every 3k. Runs well and sounds nice (not to noisy, more of low pitched rumble). Current mileage 28k+
Stage 1, heavy duty battery last year, MOT April 27. Comes with two sets of bars, stock and beach bars. Mini apes fitted at the moment (very comfortable). Will need a rear tyre in another 2k miles.
Also has a quick release pillion backrest with backpad.
Private reg. R66 OGG.

£5,895 with mates wife thrown in.
Better photos soon (of bike).

e83affcb-1164-426a-9be5-d372cf388e00-1_all_784.jpg
e83affcb-1164-426a-9be5-d372cf388e00-1_all_3767.jpg

e83affcb-1164-426a-9be5-d372cf388e00-1_all_2876.jpge83affcb-1164-426a-9be5-d372cf388e00-1_all_430.jpg

e83affcb-1164-426a-9be5-d372cf388e00-1_all_2566.jpg
e83affcb-1164-426a-9be5-d372cf388e00-1_all_3628.jpg
 
Schweet I have a 2000 model Road King and they are lovely


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Schweet I have a 2000 model Road King and they are lovely


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I must admit I've had three Harley's, two Road Kings and a Dyna. This is by far the best engine I've had, both for smoothness and performance. It took me to Slovenia and back once, through some biblical rain from the Black Forest to Europort and it never missed a beat. It was imported from America and was no doubt set up properly for it's stage one tuning. Also, the suspension and handling is better than the other RK I had.

When I brought it out of the garage yesterday for some close up photos I noticed the rear tyre will need replacing soon.
A cheap well sorted HD tourer for someone.
 
The not to bad bits...

Worn leather straps and some ageing on the leather panniers.
However they do not leak water when raining.
5332.jpg
5333.jpg

Small blemish on crank case.
5322.jpg
 
A bit of black leather restorer will soon have those panniers looking in top condition again
 
We had our honeymoon on one of those - 3 weeks cruising around California, San Francisco, Pacific Coast Highway, Big Sur, Morro Bay, Santa Monica, Sequoia Redwood park, Yosemite and the wine region. Hotels, Motels, Holiday Inn. Harleys make sense over there. GLWS, it's a beauty. Tempted, but have an over-full garage.
 


Back
Top Bottom