Helmet Advice

They're not designed to break off in the event of an impact.
But they could have been designed to add rotational forces in the event of an accident with a view to exacerbating head injuries of the most common kind.

But they could have been designed to add rotational forces in the event of an accident with a view to exacerbating head injuries of the most common kind.

Why would any helmet manufacturer choose to do that? That's hardly going to be good for repeat sales, is it...? :augie

Again

Arai philosophy is to have the shell as round and smooth as possible so nothing can snag

All vents etc are designed to snap off where other makers have fins and aero bits moulded into the shell

Okay, so have been using the Tour X4 now for a few weeks and generally very happy with it. Very comfortable and noise wise its maybe not the quietest but OK, Slightly heavier than my previous helmet but even after long days on the bike not been an issue. Ventilation seems to be very good with lots of air flow which was great on the hot days. Only thing I'm not sure about is that even when i close the vents, still seem to be getting a flow which might not be ideal when really cold.

All in all very happy with it and would recommend it.

Back
Top Bottom