Ireland 🇮🇪 calling

Pleased you enjoyed Healy Pass JB. I'll definitely be doing it again if I go back that way, you certainly got better weather than Phil and I.
Regarding The Gap of Dunloe our Kenmare landlady said to do it after 16:00 hrs.when the pony and carts and tourists have all gone back to Killarney.
Good shout about after 4pm on Dunloe Gap
What was staying in Kenmare like ?
Looks busy during the day
 
Kenmare was great. We were out all day but the food choices were many. We ate at The Coachman's both evenings and the cottage pie was 1st class.
 
Approaching Eyeries we had a look at this ancient church
IMG_2631.jpegIMG_2632.jpeg

Then onto Dooneen point, after a great up & down, twisty road

IMG_2633.jpegIMG_2634.jpegIMG_2635.jpegIMG_2637.jpeg

Dooneen was a site for copper mining in the 1800’s and it was reminiscent of Cornish tin mining landscapes, hugging the coastline
 
I had pretty much same route planned in May but had to cancel with bike issues. Thankfully it turned out to be a very wet week there so I didn’t feel so bad


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
We were nearly as quick on the bikes!!! (and yes, there were lots of pink pigs flying past at the top) Found myself involuntarily reaching for the brake pedal :-)
 


Back
Top Bottom