What a great thread on arguably the best GS built.
Big change from our original ConvoJust been out and did about 50 miles trouble free
Superb!Replacement driveshaft fitted and all back together for 10 am
Just been out and did about 50 miles trouble free
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time served EngineerI always admire your work, can I ask what your background is, engineer? bike mechanic etc? You definitely know your way round the spanners!
Time served Engineer and right Fussy Bugger
I’m guessing that was a typo? 30mm thick? Did you mean 3mm?It was just a bit of steel my friend had in his workshop about 75mm x 50mm x 30mm thick

Nope it was a lump of steel my mate had in his pile of poop in his machine shopI’m guessing that was a typo? 30mm thick? Did you mean 3mm?![]()
You can see why.Just 3 inch by 2 inch in an L shape by inch ish think after milling and shaping so that it fitted to all 4 cornersOh ok, fairy nuff.
Must’ve been blooming heavy to hold or did you bolt it to something?
I’m not imagining how it’s done?
I normally get people who know what they’re doing to do stuff like that for me!You can see why.
100%. great result!A cautionary tale for a very low mileage bike left sitting. Fortunately the skill of John has overcome the potential large issues!
Well done that man.
no better cake and coffee than the first run back on the road! Well done. Cracking looking bike. I do like the yellow.Did a full days riding today on the GS , 360 mile round trip from Durham to Glasgow and back
Bike didn’t miss a beat ;-)
Collected a top box and plate from a fellow UKGSer
![]()
Had to have the obligatory cake and coffee to keep me going
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
