New to me R1100GS

Replacement driveshaft fitted and all back together for 10 am

Just been out and did about 50 miles trouble free

7e61a68661cd1cbbf0da01801a751d2d.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
A cautionary tale for a very low mileage bike left sitting. Fortunately the skill of John has overcome the potential large issues!

Well done that man.
 
I always admire your work, can I ask what your background is, engineer? bike mechanic etc? You definitely know your way round the spanners!
 
Oh ok, fairy nuff. :thumb2
Must’ve been blooming heavy to hold or did you bolt it to something?
I’m not imagining how it’s done? :duno
I normally get people who know what they’re doing to do stuff like that for me! :D You can see why.
 
Oh ok, fairy nuff. :thumb2
Must’ve been blooming heavy to hold or did you bolt it to something?
I’m not imagining how it’s done? :duno
I normally get people who know what they’re doing to do stuff like that for me! :D You can see why.
Just 3 inch by 2 inch in an L shape by inch ish think after milling and shaping so that it fitted to all 4 corners

Hold flat to head put drill through the hole and locate the bolt hole and just hold it flat to the surface carefully drill about 10 mm

The drill entered in the hole locates it

You holding the "jig" against the head keeps the drill perpendicular

Just draw back a little and start drilling trying not to dig in
 
Did a full days riding today on the GS , 360 mile round trip from Durham to Glasgow and back

Bike didn’t miss a beat ;-)

Collected a top box and plate from a fellow UKGSer

b519a8e8ece9c4c1d7653886a08a6e59.jpg


Had to have the obligatory cake and coffee to keep me going

e48b694281e2b94c39f08ceb8bae98a4.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Did a full days riding today on the GS , 360 mile round trip from Durham to Glasgow and back

Bike didn’t miss a beat ;-)

Collected a top box and plate from a fellow UKGSer

b519a8e8ece9c4c1d7653886a08a6e59.jpg


Had to have the obligatory cake and coffee to keep me going

e48b694281e2b94c39f08ceb8bae98a4.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
no better cake and coffee than the first run back on the road! Well done. Cracking looking bike. I do like the yellow.
 
It looks excellent (no surprise there). My 1100 has, inspired by this thread, made it out of the garage, been ruthlessly attacked with a bucket and sponge, and is booked in for MOT on Wednesday morning. I'm not going to hijack this thread any further but just wanted to say thanks for the motivation to start getting mine sorted.... :beerjug:
 


Back
Top Bottom