Norton Atlas

From what dealers have told me, Norton are selling off spares to those willing to take large stocks.
Seems Krazy Horse may have a plan to be a national parts supplier, so why would the manufcturer do that if they are invested in supporting customers, I think not. It points to the brand having little value in customer eyes going forward, a poor business strategy in my humble opionion. Guess that's partly why many 961s will be going back after PCP which does not bode well for residual values.
This happened to me with a Lancia Delta in the early 90s. They puled out of the UK and sold their entire spares stock to a shyster in North London who ramped up the prices. They were already eye wateringly expensive. I sold to get out at a massive loss. Lovely car........ when it was on the road.........which was rarely.
 
That mpg figure is appalling.
I regularly get 55 mpg with a 1250GS without really trying.

Lost interest fast on this one.

Found this on the web.
The Norton Atlas has a claimed fuel economy of 65 mpg (approx. 23 km/l

I was stunned it was that low. I even queried if that was US mpg rather than UK as it would be about 44mpg if it was. Ian commented that the tank range was about 130 to 140 miles.Maybe the 65mpg is a future software tweak?
Even my V4S Multi averaged around 45mpg

Let the average bike Journo borrow your pride and joys and see what MPG they report after briefly riding it like the stole it.

I also sometimes wonder if press bikes have a "special map", we all know that a huge limitation to the throttle response and feel of modern engines is badly impaired by the latest emission standards, would not be hard for them to just load a better map onto one of their official press bikes to improve the review, knwoing most people don't really care about the reported MPG of a journo - who often see getting a lower MPG that other journo's as a badge of honour.
 
I've had three test rides now on the Atlas and due another extended ride with some off road sections later this month. I too noticed that the mpg was a lot lower than they state. I'm no bike journo but did enjoy the bike. There are a few niggles but nothing apart from the mpg would put me off buying one when the day comes that I need to go down in weight.
 
I've had three test rides now on the Atlas and due another extended ride with some off road sections later this month. I too noticed that the mpg was a lot lower than they state. I'm no bike journo but did enjoy the bike. There are a few niggles but nothing apart from the mpg would put me off buying one when the day comes that I need to go down in weight.
Why three test rides if you’ve no intention of buying one yet ?
 
Why not? The beauty of being retired. :ROFLMAO:
You may be using different dealers but where I am if you tried a bike three times and still didn’t buy it , you’d be labelled a tyre kicker . A mate is known as such and some dealers used to be reluctant to let him try every bike that came out as they knew damn well he’d never buy anything ..
 
The only bike i've ever had 2 test rides on was the 900 kawasaki when it first came out ; the first was in terrible weather and was only out for five to 10 mins;; i was determined to get one so to be fair i gave it another good ride around in nice weather; i found it a bit to small for me and her; so just because i could i also took out a Versy and an SX 1000; only the SX covered every angle so that's where my money went.
 
You may be using different dealers but where I am if you tried a bike three times and still didn’t buy it , you’d be labelled a tyre kicker . A mate is known as such and some dealers used to be reluctant to let him try every bike that came out as they knew damn well he’d never buy anything .
I'm genuinely interested for when I get to feeble for my 1200 gs adv and the guys there know that and still want me to have multiple test rides. Who am I to argue, nice day out too!
 


Back
Top Bottom