Possible cam chain rattle

clutchspring

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi , just came across a 2007 adventure for sale and the seller state's in there advert that it has a rattling noise which they say is coming from the came chain which requires replacing & the bike is being sold with no warranty.
Is this a common problem & how easy is the cam chain to replace !
The bike's done just over 40,000 miles and looks quite tidy, is it worth a punt. !
Thanks,
Ian.

So why aren't "they" fixing it before sale???

There is no such thing as a golden nugget out there

There is always a catch

Bottom Line

Buyer beware!!

It would help if you said how much taking a punt is going to cost you. 😁

Have a look your self , bikes advertised by Arnold's motorcycle dealers based in Loughborough on eBay, (y)

Have a look your self , bikes advertised by Arnold's motorcycle dealers based in Loughborough on eBay, (y)
If you can't be bothered to post a link then I can't be bothered to look it up. I browsed for 3-4 mins and couldn't see it.

In that 3-4 mins there are loads between £4-6,000
So it would need to be very cheap to make it worthwhile I guess. 👍🏻🫣

Hi gazza 12adv , it's not a case of can't be bothered to post up a link , more of a case of not being particularly computer literat & wouldn't know how to post up a link so DO NOT get your knickers in a twist mate :sneaky:

Hi gazza 12adv , it's not a case of can't be bothered to post up a link , more of a case of not being particularly computer literat & wouldn't know how to post up a link so DO NOT get your knickers in a twist mate :sneaky:
I DIDN'T
. Sorry to offend. 😜😜
in the add if you click on "share" you can copy the link then paste it in your post.

I hope this might help. 👍🏻🫣

Dont buy a cheap one that has, or needs an "easy fix"

If it was that easy, they would have done it, and the price would be more, or more than likely the cost of the repair, would wipe out any profit to be made on the bike

For example, my servoectomised hexhead, bought from a dealer, came as an Ebay trade sale with no warranty lol

It needed

New battery, starter motor, a missed service, two oil changes, timing reset, new tyres F&R, new pads front & rear , a rear hub rebuild!

+ consumables, oe fittings etc

And that was before it had any farkles added

For the price of your fixer upper, double the price and by a sorted one

Listen to the other posters saying the same :)

Back
Top Bottom