Problem when bike gets hot

I like this approach, but it won’t tell you if the spark is ok in fresh air but fails under compression.

Tbh, I’m not sure how likely that is.
If someone has any sort of Mechanical "nous" can see when a spark isn;t good

If it is any colour but a sharp crisp violet or blue it is an issue!

Big Fat white orange yellow green sparks are just not good in air so will be worse in a cylinder

I suspect that in this scenario (when testing) it will be total lack of spark rather than a questionable one

OR the lack of fuel in the bowls ??

Who knows

Back to the O.P. for an update

Last edited:
Sorry, no updates as I haven’t had time to take the bike out….
Hope to get out on Saturday, and will take spark plug in pocket to see if I get any joy….

Will update when I know…..

Sorry, no updates as I haven’t had time to take the bike out….
Hope to get out on Saturday, and will take spark plug in pocket to see if I get any joy….

Will update when I know…..

Have a ride over to Woking on Saturday ?

I’ll put the kettle on while the ST cools down.

I think I have a spare set of H/T leads with caps you could try too.

You can see my other project

469261f0d78be97acda157be16a47c1e.jpg

I’m liking that….. r100r wheels, rear shaft?
With an earlier /6 engine?
Or is it just earlier airbox cover etc?

It’s 1972 R75/5 frame converted to paralever. R100R cross spoke wheels.

/5 engine with R90S pistons.

R90/6 police spec tank with all the electrics in the cubby hole

Pete

It looks good as it is….. I like the scruffy scrambler look..
Hope it runs as well as it looks.

Thanks Mate. It is supposed to evoke the desert sled vibe.

It does… I like it…..

Just stick a small 5 inch headlight, and a mini speedo on it , and I’ll collect it!

I used to fit a K100 coil to customers bikes when their original grey coil failed. Bullet proof and a used one was the tenth of the price of an R series twin output.
Hello steptoe
I don’t know how to message you directly
I have bme r1150r 2002 abs 3
I have no brake light can you offer any advice
Thanks

SBD….. BMW didn’t really have a problem when they raced the airheads……. Apart from the occaisionally grinding of rocker box covers on the IOM….
I seem to remember they carried extras…..but that could be old age affecting my memory ….
I know the Guzzi would have more ground clearance/lean angle……. But it’s not a Beemer, so I wouldn’t put a guzzi pic on a BMW topic….

SBD….. BMW didn’t really have a problem when they raced the airheads……. Apart from the occaisionally grinding of rocker box covers on the IOM….
I seem to remember they carried extras…..but that could be old age affecting my memory ….
I know the Guzzi would have more ground clearance/lean angle……. But it’s not a Beemer, so I wouldn’t put a guzzi pic on a BMW topic….
Some are still raced in C.R.M.C, usually with patched covers, top and bottom, as they are reversible.

Back
Top Bottom