R90S - battery recommendations

tiktok

Active member
UKGSer Subscriber
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
122
Reaction score
32
Location
Broadstairs
It's time to replace my failing battery (dropping to 8V when cranking and the Optimate is giving me the red light of doom). The bike came with a Motobatt, I'd prefer not to buy another one of these as they seem to be the brand that I have replaced the most frequently over the years.

I am looking for an AGM battery, does anyone have any recommendations that have worked well for them in the past?

I will probably purchase from Tayna who are pushing "Fulbat".

Thanks in advance!
 
May I please recommend you do a quick Google of Tayna batteries before you get your wallet out. They’re not the company they once were.

I bought an Odyssey AGM battery from Motorworks about 2 years ago which inexplicably failed. They changed it under warranty - no quibble.

That has to be worth something if only for the peace of mind. It’s predominantly black too and from an aesthetic perspective, it blends into the bike well.

Got an Exide AGM on my current (excuse the pun 😉) project bike which has also proved faultless.
 
May I please recommend you do a quick Google of Tayna batteries before you get your wallet out. They’re not the company they once were.

I bought an Odyssey AGM battery from Motorworks about 2 years ago which inexplicably failed. They changed it under warranty - no quibble.

That has to be worth something if only for the peace of mind. It’s predominantly black too and from an aesthetic perspective, it blends into the bike well.

Got an Exide AGM on my current (excuse the pun 😉) project bike which has also proved faultless.
Thanks for this - Tayna have been bought out, enshittification ensues.

I'll give the Exide a whirl, the stats look good and for the money, I can buy 2 of these before getting into Odyssey territory.
 
Thanks for this - Tayna have been bought out, enshittification ensues.

I'll give the Exide a whirl, the stats look good and for the money, I can buy 2 of these before getting into Odyssey territory.
Went to Motorworks and replaced mine with a BS battery, AGM, half the size of the Yusa, was recommended and seems ok at the moment
 


Back
Top Bottom