Russian escapade

mylovelyhorse

Reaction score
Oh I know it's **so** predictable and ordinary GS rider stuff these days but I'm off to Siberia in a shade under 2 weeks with a mate who also has a GS (he has had one many years more than me).

5 week trip, going via Germany, Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, St Petersburg, Moscow, Urals, Novosibirsk (wish I could remember how to spell that<g>) for the eclipse, then back via Black Sea, Crimea etc.

Should be a laugh :)

Certainly not an ordinary trip, thats a trip that 90% of the GSers on here could only dream about.

Take care

Shep

Yep , very ordinary, almost everyone on here has done that trip. Me and some of the lads used to it a couple of times a year.....until some actor chappie made it popular and not worth doing. :augie

Post some pictures and some text when you get back and I am sure a few of us will give you some advice on how you could've done it cheaper, better, faster etc

Have a great time :thumb

Yep , very ordinary, almost everyone on here has done that trip. Me and some of the lads used to it a couple of times a year.....until some actor chappie made it popular and not worth doing. :augie
That's what i heard - every Tom, Dick & Ewan has done it. Bunch of Charlies, if you ask me ;)

Post some pictures and some text when you get back
I certainly will

I am sure a few of us will give you some advice on how you could've done it cheaper, better, faster etc
I would expect nothing less

Have a great time :thumb
I'll try :)

Yahoo - have fun which I'm sure you will and yes take lots pics to bring back here so those of us (only me?) who haven't been to Siberia can see what you and those who have have done it twice a year have seen! How long have you been planning the trip? What are you taking as spares? only two going? have you travelled together before? any recent long trips? 50 questions 45 to come. Cheers

All the best for the trip, what an andventure, one that most can only dream about.

Stay safe & I look forward to reading the ride report :thumb

:)

tell us bout your spares list - go on :bounce1
Er, we're each taking bulbs, alternator belt, fuses, oil sight glass, puncture repair kit, 1 litre oil, er, a few assorted nuts & bolts. Jeremy (the chap I'm going with and who's idea it was in the first place) has some tyre levers. That's about it really. Brand new tyres on departure, obviously. Tourances, naturally.

accommodation in estonia

Sounds like a great trip. just come back from a similar trip the other way round, Norway, Sweden, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Sweden, Denmark.

Polish roads are quite good with a few corners and lots of trucks heading to the Lithuanian boarder.
Roads in Lithuania, Latvia are a lot flat, straight and boring especially the main roads.

I found this spot just over the boarder into Estonia. Give it a try very very good

Any one looking for good clean welcoming accommodation on the Estonia/Latvia Boarder (just outside a town called Voru) try this. Highly recommended

Plaani Lodge

http://www.activeestonia.ee/

Run by an English / Estonian couple and a real home from home. Safe parking and also secure garage parking if required and a fantastic breakfast (keep you going all day)

If interested tell them that Nick sent you. Enjoy.

If interested I can supply a long and lat reference

Have Fun

Just in case you need tyres I got this contact when enquiring about tyre changes in Ekaterinbur.

"TKC80 is not supplied to Russia - you can't buy it anywhere in the country.
the full analog of it is Metzeler Caroo. we can send it to our E-burg dealer.
MOTOREZINA.RU - ñâåæàÿ ìîòîðåçèíà ïî ðàçóìíûì öåíàì. motokolesa, ìîòîêîëåñà, ìîòîðåçèíà, ðåçèíà äëÿ ìîòîöèêëîâ the very first and the oldest russan internet-shop for motorcycling tires. my man is the owner."

http://www.motorezina.ru/

I especially want to see the pics from St.Petersburg!

Remember Mike "No touch here!" :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom