Show us your K bike

Just traded my K1200 S in for this one...

Late 2012 K1300 S, ex-demo, 3000-odd miles, all the toys. Very lovely. :D

It's our only transport so it lives outside and will do a fair few miles. Nearly waited to see if BMW brought something out to replace it next year but it suits us so well that we couldn't see anything being that much better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 1,353
That's the best looking of the 1300S options. Good choice. :thumb2

Still not a "proper" K-Bike with that funny engine layout though. ;)

That's the best looking of the 1300S options. Good choice. :thumb2 Still not a "proper" K-Bike with that funny engine layout though.

Far be it from me to second guess BMW about what constitutes a 'proper' K bike - I just know that the K12 was the best bike I ever owned and the K13 is better. Before that I'd only had proper 2-cylinder Beemers:D I do know that the R1200 R I had as a loan bike most of last week was hard work...

K1300s Sport

2nd K13 I have owned and they are a very capable tool indeed:D:D
Here she is on one of hundreds of empty Welsh roads if you know where to go:blagblah:blagblah

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    119.3 KB · Views: 1,325
Late 2012 K1300 S, ex-demo, 3000-odd miles, all the toys. Very lovely. :D

It's our only transport so it lives outside and will do a fair few miles. Nearly waited to see if BMW brought something out to replace it next year but it suits us so well that we couldn't see anything being that much better.

Lovely looking bike and definitely a proper K ;) Hard to believe the bike was styled 10 years ago as it still looks awesome.

I still miss my K1200S and the 1300 is an even better bike, but sadly they'd discontinued the GT when I was looking to replace my GS (I ride two-up all the time nowadays) :(

2nd K13 I have owned and they are a very capable tool indeed:D:D
Here she is on one of hundreds of empty Welsh roads if you know where to go:blagblah:blagblah

They're definitely capable! Wife and I have done Cornwall and back (400-460 mile round trip) in not much more than half a day, on two separate occasion, recently, whilst house-hunting. That was on the K1200 S, we're looking forward to doing the same on the K13 in about three weeks time. It'll probably be a bit cooler by then but she's just got a new Street Guard 3 suit to keep her warm.

Prepare to be disappointed .

I've had my SG3 for two years now and wear it for two hours/day all year round. Apart from having to swap the first jacket because it leaked at one of the vents (week 1) I find it a good suit. It's difficult to find objective opinions of a suit as clothing is a bit subjective by its nature - what suits one person perfectly might be horrible for another. I had a BMW Touren/Seattle suit for twelve years before this one so I figured BMW deserved another chance!

This my current K100.

k100-monolight3.jpg

k100-monolight2.jpg

Started out as an LT, removed fairing due to some damage that wasn't economical to fix, adding light from an 850r, plus some cheap indicators from ebay. Currently considering removing ABS as that has faults at the moment. Lot of fun to ride.

K1100RS "refresh"

Here's my 1995 K1100RS almost finished... I think Ben at bskspeedworks.co.uk has done a great job, I'm really happy with it :)WP_20131113_011.jpgWP_20131113_010.jpgWP_20131105_004.jpgWP_20131105_003.jpgWP_20131105_002.jpg

This was my 2003 K1200GT "Superbrick".

A lovely bike, but the wrong shape for me as, at 6'2", I was leaning too far forward and long days (900 miles+) did my back and shoulders in :blast.

I sold it in 2008 - and still miss it :tears.

I had a 'new' K1200GT for a day when mine was in for servicing. I took it for a 350 mile tour around Fort William and back down the A9 and then across to Dundee from Blair Atholl.

My biggest disappointment with the new one (apart from the dreadful fuelling) . . Why have they done away with that lovely induction howl I used to get from the 'Brick' ??? :nenau :nenau.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

The riding position on my 2004 1150GSA suits me far better.

Bob.

Is that a ram shock Duncan?

Hitmanh, I removed my abs and it weighs about 20KG

Wifey and her K1200R Sport, on the 'Breast Way Round' run a couple of years ago.

This is the bike she would never replace, so why did I end up buying her a new Street Triple for Christmas ?
Likely for sale in the Spring, as it doesn't float my boat ...

WifeyK12_zps3a9e8c3b.jpg

My long departed K1100LT - like an old girlfriend, I still have great memories of the soft luxurious ride - built for comfort not speed.
I replaced the K11 with an R1150 RT, which just didn't have the same level of emotional attachment.

I briefly fitted a Remus to the K11 - jeez, that was loud - it didn't last long.

Skidmarx produced a small batch of +5" screens for me, it was like riding behind a barn-door - wonderful

K11LT1_zps468775f8.jpg

K11LT2_zpsd440653a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom