Stelvio ordered

I thought the insurance might get interesting. I'm awaiting a reply from my current insurers, Devitt. I've only been able to get one quote through Compare, that was with Bikesure at £430.28.:eek::eek::eek:
Bennets can't quote me

Last edited:
Good luck with Devitt .. let us know how you get on please (y) my v85 is with Swinton just now, be easier if i could just swap. As mine is yellow I guess I'll be waiting till April now

When I called to delete one and add mine to my policy neither the vin, nor "2024 Stelvio" were in their "system", so the work from home mother with baby crying in the background needed to put me on hold 6-7 times. After telling her what I was doing and answering the standard questions she placed me on hold for probably 4-5 minutes.

"Thank you for holding you say it a 2014 Stelvo?"
No 2024, it's a new model and called Stelvio.

"Got it could you hold please............. thanks for holding what are its cc's?"
It's referred to as 1,000cc but the actual displacement is 1,042.

"Got it could you hold please........... thanks for holding, it's axing me how fast does it go?"
I really don't know, I imagine 100 mph but not over 75 with me on it"

"I get it could you hold please............ thanks for holding, it says how do you plan to use the motorcycle?"
The same as I did 15 minutes ago when you asked this, for pleasure.
"OK so no commute, so you don't commute to work on it, right?"
No in fact I don't work at all, the bike will only have occasional use as a hobby.

"I get that, let me put you on hold again......... thanks for holding and I haf to ass again do you keep it an a garage?"
Again yes.
"OK let me put you on hold again....... thanks for holding it come back saying $104 for the Stelvo."

I see, $104 for the Stelvio, now how much credit do I get for dropping the 2015 California?
"No it's $104 mo to add even after I take off the other one because see the Stelvo is a 2024 and da other one is 2015."

At that point I just said fine make the change. I made note to get another quote when it comes time to renew.

It's arrived, picking it up on the first. 8 weeks till any yellow ones arrive so I went with the Grey. Grey is the standard bike without the radar crap and the yellow ones will most probably have it so I'm not too bothered. I'll most likely have it wrapped anyway.
Popped-in and spoke with my dealer today (Central Scotland), to firm-up the "soft order" and get my V85TT valued. I'm happy with the trade-in he offered....
He checked the build slots, and the bikes allocated to his dealership are not yet even built! The Grey ones are expected to be built imminently and the Yellow ones (which I want) won't even be built until April! :(
I wonder if any other Scottish dealers will get a bike sooner...? I'll ring around when I get a chance

Really sometime in May wouldn't be a bad time to have it arrive. Especially if they allow you to continue riding the V85 until it arrives.

Popped-in and spoke with my dealer today (Central Scotland), to firm-up the "soft order" and get my V85TT valued. I'm happy with the trade-in he offered....
He checked the build slots, and the bikes allocated to his dealership are not yet even built! The Grey ones are expected to be built imminently and the Yellow ones (which I want) won't even be built until April! :(
I wonder if any other Scottish dealers will get a bike sooner...? I'll ring around when I get a chance
Not sure that there are any other MG scottish dealers Martin, Jim Allan's is the only one I know......its a 200 mile round trip for me to get my V85TT serviced, I'm going to try to fit that in with the Scottish Moto Guzzi weekend event in May which is nearby 👍

Not sure that there are any other MG scottish dealers Martin, Jim Allan's is the only one I know......its a 200 mile round trip for me to get my V85TT serviced, I'm going to try to fit that in with the Scottish Moto Guzzi weekend event in May which is nearby 👍
Went to AMR today ( https://www.amrmotorcyclesltd.com/category/moto-guzzi ) in Hillington, out near Glasgow Airport. They had this Stelvio, on the floor, in stock! Ready to ride away!
stelvio, amr, 1st March 2024.jpg

They're a new Guzzi dealer, only taking on the franchise a few months ago. They were definitely knowledge-less!!! Not a clue! I may as well have asked questions about the bike to a tesco checkout operator!
They had a badly behaved dog in there, and the staff were constantly interrupted by the manky pooch, and not giving me (the potential customer) proper attention. Very annoying. WTF is a dog doing in a bike showroom???
I'll be sticking with Jim Allan!!! :)
Overall I really liked the bike, especially with the trade-in deal. I found the pegs a tad higher (closer to the seat) than the V85TT. On the verge of cramped for my 6'1".... My only gripe. I guess I can buy a taller seat or a peg-lowering option...

You’d think that Piaggio would have the odd mystery shopper doing the rounds to inspect the dealerships to ensure that they were up to standard.

I’d have asked them to get the dog out, and if it had taken more than a minute to do so (or they come out with the “oh don’t worry he’s friendly” bullshit) I’d have been on my way.

Well I rode 280 ish miles today. Set off at 7.30 to pick up my first bike Guzzi V7 stone corsa. Rode through 2 lots of freezing fog. I was chuffing nithered when I got to Thirsk. Set off back home, weather had turned out not bad, 5 degrees and a bit of broken sunshine. 5 miles later, chucking it down all the way home. A bit of lunch at home, dried out a bit and set off to pick up the Stelvio. Arrived back home at 5.30 both bikes absolutely blathered but I'm not so precious about my bikes that I don't ride them in the rain. Just having a beer before tea and work tomorrow. I'll put my first thought up on Sunday. Pictures on Teasdale motorcycles facebook page, if anyone is interested.

Well I rode 280 ish miles today. Set off at 7.30 to pick up my first bike Guzzi V7 stone corsa. Rode through 2 lots of freezing fog. I was chuffing nithered when I got to Thirsk. Set off back home, weather had turned out not bad, 5 degrees and a bit of broken sunshine. 5 miles later, chucking it down all the way home. A bit of lunch at home, dried out a bit and set off to pick up the Stelvio. Arrived back home at 5.30 both bikes absolutely blathered but I'm not so precious about my bikes that I don't ride them in the rain. Just having a beer before tea and work tomorrow. I'll put my first thought up on Sunday. Pictures on Teasdale motorcycles facebook page, if anyone is interested.

You looked happy
538da1371fbc0a22e22d860488cc1a69.jpg

3f480810a8fffd6db2c912111c8f6910.jpg

The Stelvio looks fab in that colour.

Enjoy your new steed 👍

EDIT Didn’t realise you picked up two Guzzis
Even better.

Top Guzzista
👍

Last edited:
You rode and traded two bikes in on two new Guzzi's today?

Back
Top Bottom