The Strontian Gathering (NOT the Dent Event) 19th - 21st May 2023

I unfortunately can't make this event this time, but i do wish all attendees a good time and hopefully you are graced with some lovely weather just like Portsoy last year.:okay

Spoke to Elle and booked a pitch for one for Friday and Saturday.
Will check the back of the cupboard and see if that old dusty half bottle of Bells is still there :beerjug:

Cheers
Ian

If you pass a supermarket can you grab me a 10 pack of brewdog black heart please?
No room on the GSA for it and I’m sure we will need more than just whisky 😜

If I pass one kid :thumb2

.... theres a supermarket five minutes away from the campsite, dunno what beer they stock though :eek:

Spoke to Elle and booked a pitch for one for Friday and Saturday.
Will check the back of the cupboard and see if that old dusty half bottle of Bells is still there :beerjug:

Cheers
Ian

See you there Ian :thumby:

Now at The Green Frog campsite at Moffat. Quite a pleasant little campsite. Nice and quiet, sat with the door open all evening listening to a cuckoo :thumb2

i-dJDLTh5-L.jpg

Dropped an old police helmet off for Dave at The Buccleuch Arms in town. Head for Tyndrum tomorrow :thumb2

:beerjug:

I need to call the site and cancel my pitch because the weather still looks a bit unsettled and a tent with two sets of wet bike kit isn’t a pleasant environment so we’ve booked an airbnb in the village.

It also means camping kit stays at home leaving more room for waterproof walking gear and a small rucksack so we can go for a stroll if we feel like i:thumb2

Have a cracking weekend lads.

M'up at Strontian now, ensconced on the campsite, just a couple of other camper vans here (not ours)

Walk to the pub in a short while maybe. The pub is very busy according to Tim .... and so

For now not enough time to get the numbers in to be booking tables. I'll get back later but suffice to say, if you want a pub meal over the weekend you're going to have to ring them and book it for yourself, whichever evening and time to suit you.

Tim has a large area under cover with a couple of bar-b-q's, so for Saturday night we can light one of those and you can cook what you bring, no problem!

Someone maybe to light the bar-b-q would be appreciated. Charcoal here (y)
I feel bloody crap with this Atrial Fibrillation ... ECG and Scan when I get home :rolleyes:

Looking forward to seeing y'all

Looks like I'll be up on Friday now. I'll take the mainland route since Calmac appear to have gone into meltdown over the last 24 hours and the Oban ferry is now 2hrs later than timetabled! If it sails at all ...

I’ll bring a few firefighters (the non stinking type) and a lighter. I’m not bringing camping gear so I might even throw in a gas blowtorch just for shits and giggles :beerjug:

I’d better pack plastic plates plus eating irons as well or I’ll be searching for bits of old corrugated iron to use and the wife really wouldn’t find that funny :D

You'll be wired into a portable battery pack ;) Then there will be no stopping you :thumb

Unfortunately another visit to the Osteopaths today means I'll give it a miss folks.
Another time,have a good one though :beerjug:

Hope you feel better soon Mick....good malt whisky is bad for your condition so you'd better stick to the BenAldi and Strathlidl...
Not sure what time Ill rock up on Sat pm, but Ill assume the bbq will be going and pick something up between Oban and Strontian via half of Scotland, and assume I can organise something in the hotel for Sun night? Assume the cafe in the square will be going for Sun brek? And Mon?

Forget the malt, I’ll bring him some proper medicine in the form of Tanqueray gin infused with black currants from our garden. I’ll even put a couple of tins of Fever Tree tonic to make it more palatable :jager

Hope you feel better soon Mick....good malt whisky is bad for your condition so you'd better stick to the BenAldi and Strathlidl...
Not sure what time Ill rock up on Sat pm, but Ill assume the bbq will be going and pick something up between Oban and Strontian via half of Scotland, and assume I can organise something in the hotel for Sun night? Assume the cafe in the square will be going for Sun brek? And Mon?
Another option for Sunday food could be the Arundle Centre as they do take away ( if the weather is nice on Sunday ) and they offer delivery as well seeing that they are 1.5 miles away.
Booking online in advance for the hotel is a definite.
Cafe seems to open around 9.30 ( 10.30 Sunday ) and closes around 4pm daily.
I can't drink Gin unfortunately, just makes me shudder...but there's of Mick's malt to enjoy :D

Struggled to the pub .... the things I do for you guys ;)

The pub is absolutely booked for the evenings ... all I can say is give them a ring in case of cancelations etc.
Strontian Hotel 01967 402 029

Thanks Andy for that offer of assistance to light the bar-b-q (y)

See you here folks

Got to Tyndrum and now pitched at the ‘by the way’ campsite🏕️
Was going to camp in Glen Etive but it started pissing down when I got to Loch Lomond.
Picked up a limited release Talisker and a bottle of Peaty Scot.
Now sat having a few drams. 😜🍺🏍️
Hopefully be in Strontian tomorrow 👍

Attachments

• IMG_7089.jpeg
    IMG_7089.jpeg
    195.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7092.jpeg
    IMG_7092.jpeg
    283.1 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7093.jpeg
    IMG_7093.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_7094.jpeg
    IMG_7094.jpeg
    344.2 KB · Views: 25
Got to Tyndrum and now pitched at the ‘by the way’ campsite🏕️
Was going to camp in Glen Etive but it started pissing down when I got to Loch Lomond.
Picked up a limited release Talisker and a bottle of Peaty Scot.
Now sat having a few drams. 😜🍺🏍️
Hopefully be in Strontian tomorrow 👍
I'd have a late start tomorrow :D

Have a great ride up and might see you en route.
We are planning on taking the long way round via Moidart to avoid Loch eil side at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom