Traction control failure after stall.

Totally pointless from an insurance point of view & drained the battery so got rid.
I think you'll find these are now almost mandatory for insurance on any new or bike worth approaching 20k. It was in my case no tracker no insurance worth having ie only 3party. Its also worth remembering if your garage or wherever you keep the bike is restricting (metal or thick roofing materials) or blocking the Sats. The unit will use more power, bit like Garmin sat Navs in doors, WiFi and mobile issues in certain areas. Obviously if your situation is perhaps as above, it's not workable without some modifications. The unit themselves work so just writing them off crap is a mistake, in my opinion.

Not all trackers are equal.

My Biketrak tracker barely touches the battery on my Bike........it'll sit there for a good few weeks before it drops below 12.5v
Mine was removed from the bike following it being written off. It was still reporting more than 2 months later, running from the little internal battery.

Mine was removed from the bike following it being written off. It was still reporting more than 2 months later, running from the little internal battery.
Quality later generation trackers use very little power. What drains the batteries is lack of Sat signal. Just like a mobile phone if it can't register properly it will drain the battery very quickly.

Install a Monimoto. I've had one for years, as have my 3 mates and none of the dead bike battery nonsense to worry about.

I think you'll find these are now almost mandatory for insurance on any new or bike worth approaching 20k. It was in my case no tracker no insurance worth having ie only 3party. Its also worth remembering if your garage or wherever you keep the bike is restricting (metal or thick roofing materials) or blocking the Sats. The unit will use more power, bit like Garmin sat Navs in doors, WiFi and mobile issues in certain areas. Obviously if your situation is perhaps as above, it's not workable without some modifications. The unit themselves work so just writing them off crap is a mistake, in my opinion.
My insurance is <£140 FC for a new GSA & no tracker.. Adding a tracker makes no difference! My experience of course..

My insurance is <£140 FC for a new GSA & no tracker.. Adding a tracker makes no difference! My experience of course..
Consider yourself very lucky then my friend, most can't get that deal. I hope it last for you too, I don't think it will though.

Tracker has made no difference to my 2021GSA insurance, so don't declare it, or any other security devices.

Currently Hastings Direct and previous years on this bike, Devitt. Annual premiums are around £175 for SDP fully comp cover with 6000 annual mileage.
Insurance makes absolutely no sense at present. I've got 3 bikes on mine one being the 23 GSA so expect to pay more. I couldn't get insurance for less than £600 plus at all last year without a tracker. With a tracker £261SDP Fully Comp from Bennett's, that's with 9+ NCB, riding for 46 years, no claims, convictions whatsoever for over 35 years or any health issues. I don't live in a high risk area either. So the question is how/why is there so much variations? I know of a fair few who have also run into you must have a tracker, don't live in high risk areas or have high risk jobs and have similar riding experience etc. It just doesn't add up.

Well that is cheap.
My 2011 gs I replaced in September was never over £150…nontracker, no extra security etc.
Picked up the new GSA they wanted £200 for the remaining 6 month….my renewal next week was £550, managed to get for £420 after a search.
Mind you, I did get caught by the bastard speed camera van twice in a month in August and sept.…first points in 20 years!!
Expected a rise but both car and bike renewals increased by total of £800!!

It’s a bloody scam, I’ve had vehicle insurance for 30 years and never made a single claim, not even for windscreen.

Back
Top Bottom