Traveling across Russia and the USA

kevingrahambutler

Reaction score
I'll be posting anything interesting on my travels across Russia and USA here when I manage to get internet connection

I've set up a link to my gps inreach that logs my route as I'm on my travels, it's a live link that will not start till 12-00 pm 5/5/16 when I leave. It will lay a track down on route so you can see where I've been (or fell off lol).
If you click on the link it will take you to a log in, put the pass word in and it will take you to a map with a live link to my inreach.
On the day I leave I'll switch on a ping that you can send to my unit so it will send back my location

https://share.delorme.com/GrahamButler
Pass word. gkb0505

I got notification my visa's were processed today for Russia and Mongolia and they have been posted to me.

A very exciting time for you as departure date nears. I'll be following you here.

Bon voyage. :thumb2

I'll be posting anything interesting on my travels across Russia and USA here when I manage to get internet connection

I've set up a link to my gps inreach that logs my route as I'm on my travels, it's a live link that will not start till 12-00 pm 5/5/16 when I leave. It will lay a track down on route so you can see where I've been (or fell off lol).
If you click on the link it will take you to a log in, put the pass word in and it will take you to a map with a live link to my inreach.
On the day I leave I'll switch on a ping that you can send to my unit so it will send back my location

https://share.delorme.com/GrahamButler
Pass word. gkb0505

I got notification my visa's were processed today for Russia and Mongolia and they have been posted to me.

This is a trip I'm going to be planning for myself so if you have any blog or useful advice would be greatly appreciated. I would leave today if it wasn't for the visa and shipping process! Will be watching, and safe travels.

This is a trip I'm going to be planning for myself so if you have any blog or useful advice would be greatly appreciated. I would leave today if it wasn't for the visa and shipping process! Will be watching, and safe travels.

I'll post as much as I can when I've got internet

Good luck Graham, I'll be following you :beerjug:
It will be an exciting trip :thumb

Thank you,
I'm not as excited as I thought I would be, at the moment it just feels like I'm off on another bike ride, I've done this ride across Europe so many times I'm not sure if the adventure will start for me when I reach turkey that's where I've never traveled beyond.
I'll done some checks on the bike before I load it today ready for tomorrow

I'll be following you for sure. ... having done a similar journey some ten years ago.
Best of luck and make sure you take the time to smell the flowers. It took us a few days to get rid of the niggling "What if ...." thoughts that kept intruding ... there's nothing out there that you can't get sorted :thumb

The problems you envisage probably will never happen .... it'll be something you never expected!!

Stay safe, take care ... and take plenty of photographs.

:beerjug:

Thank you,
I'm not as excited as I thought I would be, at the moment it just feels like I'm off on another bike ride, I've done this ride across Europe so many times I'm not sure if the adventure will start for me when I reach turkey that's where I've never traveled beyond.
I'll done some checks on the bike before I load it today ready for tomorrow

I can understand that :thumby:

I packed the bike yesterday and it felt fine, as I got to the ferry the front felt loose so I got on the ferry thinking I sort it when I get to Amsterdam, I tightened everything I can think of, I called into a garage they can't find anything wrong but it's not right when I was on the autobahn it feels very unstable, I've done about 400 miles today and I think it's the worst bit of riding I've ever done, my arse is putting, its late so I'll have a got look round the bike in the morning if I can't sort it I'm thinking I'll head back, I'll look at loosing some weight tomorrow, it was fine when I did a ride few weeks ago with the weight,

I packed the bike yesterday and it felt fine, as I got to the ferry the front felt loose so I got on the ferry thinking I sort it when I get to Amsterdam, I tightened everything I can think of, I called into a garage they can't find anything wrong but it's not right when I was on the autobahn it feels very unstable, I've done about 400 miles today and I think it's the worst bit of riding I've ever done, my arse is putting, its late so I'll have a got look round the bike in the morning if I can't sort it I'm thinking I'll head back, I'll look at loosing some weight tomorrow, it was fine when I did a ride few weeks ago with the weight,

Yup ... Sue's and my 'bike were just the same. We took too much stuff, far too much stuff. Don't head back, jettison some stuff, but it will start to feel OK, trust me :D

Yup ... Sue's and my 'bike were just the same. We took too much stuff, far too much stuff. Don't head back, jettison some stuff, but it will start to feel OK, trust me :D

Micky knows what he's talking about . . . send a parcel back - much cheaper and a significant psychological plus!

Micky knows what he's talking about . . . send a parcel back - much cheaper and a significant psychological plus!

Thanks for the vote of confidence ... but I've no idea what I'm talking about :blast

Had one problem after another, will post at some point what happened, but to top it off my partners farther died,
At leased some good news I picked my new Africa twin up early,,,,,,

Back
Top Bottom