- Joined
- Sep 19, 2004
- Messages
- 6,554
- Reaction score
- 647
Steve said:The top bar of the Touratech mount lays directly across the internal aerial of the 2610, and can weaken the signal.
In that case im glad ive gone for the motorrad mount then
Steve said:The top bar of the Touratech mount lays directly across the internal aerial of the 2610, and can weaken the signal.
The only time I had loss of signal was just off the Marlow bypass of all places, otherwise I have not had an issue with the TT mount, adding the external did not make a huge difference as far as I could tell and accuracy often sits at an indicated 3m regardless.Steve said:The top bar of the Touratech mount lays directly across the internal aerial of the 2610, and can weaken the signal.
ovenpaa said:The only time I had loss of signal was just off the Marlow bypass of all places, otherwise I have not had an issue with the TT mount, adding the external did not make a huge difference as far as I could tell and accuracy often sits at an indicated 3m regardless.
This could be down to aerial as mine was a cheapie for a tenner off fleaBay - out of interest where do you have your GPS and aerial located?cookie said:i have experimented using the signal strength info screen on my 2610 to gauge the difference between using the built in aerial & a remote whilst fitted to the TT mount & the results indicate a big difference.
Steve said:The top bar of the Touratech mount lays directly across the internal aerial of the 2610, and can weaken the signal.
Steptoe said:Only works with certain screens, and they have to be pushed far forward. No good with a MRA multi-vario screen, you have to have the mount set so low it's right in front of the instruments![]()
And you'll need a remote ariel with a TT mount![]()

Blackal said:Check out this post on BMWRS site - it shows how much rake you can have on the screen with the mount on the instruments:
http://www.bmwridersscotland.com/bulletinboards/viewtopic.php?t=919
Al![]()
Steve said:But that's with standard screen, which is quite curved.

dirtydog said:What's wrong with the handlebar brace![]()