Up graded V85

Often thought of getting one....but 2 up touring with the amount of kit she brings makes it a bit small.

'a bit small'?
Yes. Too small and not enough BHP. We do 3 weeks around Europe every summer and need a bit more carrying capacity. Each to their own. If I toured alone then I would have one in a heartbeat.

I don’t know if I love its looks or not. Nice paint, does it suit a V85

it's a bit gaudy but reminiscent of a Paris-Dakar bike

I like the sound and price of the Strada which is a bit classier

Aprilia_EICMA-2023_box_900x675_8.png

2024-moto-guzzi-v85-strada-1200x801.jpg

Colchester Kawasaki say end of April before they expect to see a red (rossi Fuji) one. I like the Centenario paint scheme but the new one has the bigger tft, the original wasn’t suited to the bike for me

Yes. Too small and not enough BHP. We do 3 weeks around Europe every summer and need a bit more carrying capacity. Each to their own. If I toured alone then I would have one in a heartbeat.
I see what you mean, I often wonder how I managed 40 odd years ago two up through the Alps and Dolomites on a Honda CX500.

Nice......but not as 'classy' as the GDO (Guardia D'Onore) wonder if the carried this new upgrade through on the GDO? Only 1946 built....

I like the looks and especially the content that come on Guardia's but somehow Guzzi is having difficulty even selling the 1,946 they made. Or at least all the ones they sent here.

The close-out prices above on V85TT's have to represent one of the best values in motorcycles in the US right now IMO. $10,250 for a Guardia which comes very well equipped and includes all 3 top-load aluminium boxes is a steal. To be clear that advertised price does not include fees and shipping, as your advertised prices do. But even converting to your out the door price including everything, with WV sales tax, license plate, and title, it only comes to £8,798. Hell at that price I'm tempted to pick one up just for a spare!

From what I can tell the only panniers available for the 2024's are plastic side load.

I like the looks and especially the content that come on Guardia's but somehow Guzzi is having difficulty even selling the 1,946 they made. Or at least all the ones they sent here.

The close-out prices above on V85TT's have to represent one of the best values in motorcycles in the US right now IMO. $10,250 for a Guardia which comes very well equipped and includes all 3 top-load aluminium boxes is a steal. To be clear that advertised price does not include fees and shipping, as your advertised prices do. But even converting to your out the door price including everything, with WV sales tax, license plate, and title, it only comes to £8,798. Hell at that price I'm tempted to pick one up just for a spare!

From what I can tell the only panniers available for the 2024's are plastic side load.
They were around £13,500 in the showroom in the UK 12 months ago, NO panniers included in the UK edition, only the Travel edition came with panniers (think it was adventure edition in the United States)

OK. Here there is the base version with flat paint and no options. The Adventure has gloss paint and comes with metal panniers and top box. The Guardia is a black Adventure which adds the taller shield, lights, centre stand, and engine bars, and is probably the best value.
I just called Cadre to check pricing and availability. They do have them in stock but I made a mistake in my above calculation of out the door price. In it, from memory, I included $300 freight when in fact it is $800. So out the door here with everything it'd be $11,759 or £9,233, sorry for the mistake. Still I think it represents an amazing value.

OK. Here there is the base version with flat paint and no options. The Adventure has gloss paint and comes with metal panniers and top box. The Guardia is a black Adventure which adds the taller shield, lights, centre stand, and engine bars, and is probably the best value.
I just called Cadre to check pricing and availability. They do have them in stock but I made a mistake in my above calculation of out the door price. In it, from memory, I included $300 freight when in fact it is $800. So out the door here with everything it'd be $11,759 or £9,233, sorry for the mistake. Still I think it represents an amazing value.
Yeah absolutely, fantastic value 👍
You also get a little box and booklet with the GDO 😂20240118_211146.jpg

Last edited:
To include the book specific to the Guardia is a nice little touch.

As nice a motorcycle as it is I don't need 2 of them so I'm going to pass on that deal. I wish there were deals like this when I want to buy.....

Back
Top Bottom