Deleted account Cooperman
Registered user
i might be wrong, but don't think BT has any requirement regarding data, only voice.
You should be given two figures when you take out the contract - anticipated and minimum.
i might be wrong, but don't think BT has any requirement regarding data, only voice.
You should be given two figures when you take out the contract - anticipated and minimum.
Leave your router permanently switched on. If it is disconnected too often then the exchange thinks you are having problems and reduces the speed. The only way to get the speed up is to leave it on for two or three days.
tom
I think witchcraft may be involved.
If that upload speed was more widely available, this cloud computing malarkey would really take off.
I'm currently getting 0.21 Mb download and 0.3 Mb upload
If that upload speed was more widely available, this cloud computing malarkey would really take off
Did you ever get it sorted?
If you get that speed no matter what the Profile will be dictating it. (There's that word again he says) Ok what happens is when you plug your router in they tell you to leave it on for 10 days and over that time the exchange changes the line speed up and down until it finds a speed where it thinks it can work without falling over every few minutes. If there is noise on the line that will bring the line speed down and every time you switch it of it thinks there has been a drop and brings it down as well. once it's got all its information that is written to a profile and that is what is used on your line. Your broadband supplier is the one to ask to reset it, they will either just delete the old one and allow it to be rebuilt again or just change the line speeds to what the average area speed is.
Why? it's just a session window that can be done on a dialup like citrix can.
I think witchcraft may be involved.
I'm currently getting 0.21 Mb download and 0.3 Mb upload![]()
[/URL]
Just remembered this thread and have just checked my line again.
After a fraught start with Plusnet's fibre service I was getting the promised 35mb down and almost 2mb up.
So this one was a surprise, 2 months in:
[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][/URL]
My upload could be a bit better but I'm not sure I'd notice with my humble needs. And the teenagers can whistle....I'm paying the bill.![]()