X ADV 750

I was expecting to get snubbed by ‘real bike riders’ when out on mine, which wouldn’t have bothered me in the least, I can live without nodding after near 50 years of it, I know you don’t have nod back but it just seems polite to do so.
But low! Most ‘real bike riders’ still seem to nod, which maybe because from the front it looks like a ‘real bike’.
Interestingly the ones that don’t nod so much are GS riders. (Boxers anyway)
 
Last edited:
I was expecting to get snubbed by ‘real bike riders’ when out on mine, which wouldn’t have bothered me in the least, I can live without nodding after near 50 years of it, I know you don’t have nod back but it just seems polite to do so.
But low! Most ‘real bike riders’ still seem to nod, which maybe because from the front it looks like a ‘real bike’.
Interestingly the ones that don’t nod so much are GS riders. (Boxers anyway)
Absolutely !

Like I said elsewhere , think only 3 bikers didn’t nod on our 2500 mile European trip . And guess what - all on GSs and British plates . Utter blinkered 🔔 ends
 
Back from Brittany and my Evotech levers had arrived .
I’d ordered some earlier this year but the right lever wouldn’t fit properly as the 2025 onwards bike is different to 2024 and earlier .
I got hold of Evotech and returned them and they promised to get a new set measured for the later bikes .
So all good now .
I like the slightly shorter lever and the greater span adjustment possible

IMG_6603.jpegIMG_6602.jpegIMG_6604.jpeg
 
Had a set of Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs fitted today .
The OE front tyre was shot at 3900 miles from new , with uneven wear for some reason . Flagged up by service in Brittany recently as approaching limits . Rear had a bit of life left but junked anyway .
Noticed the difference in handling immediately.
 
Just Sold my lovely little ADV 350 and bought this, my 4th Xadv so far, hope I can like this one more than the last 3 LOL
 

Attachments

  • s-l1600 (1).webp
    s-l1600 (1).webp
    213.5 KB · Views: 12
Had a set of Pirelli Scorpion Rally STRs fitted today .
The OE front tyre was shot at 3900 miles from new , with uneven wear for some reason . Flagged up by service in Brittany recently as approaching limits . Rear had a bit of life left but junked anyway .
Noticed the difference in handling immediately.
Just got back from Spain again and I met a Spanish chap who turned up on his X-ADV. panniers were as wide as our 1290! Top box as well. He had STR's fitted, as do we on the 1290. He swears by them and so do I. Little noisier obviously, but the slow steering suits two up riding and they're a very linear tyre, unlike some road tyres that are quick steering and when loaded up you kind of fall off the center by comparison. I'm up for trying some different tyres, but they'd have to have the same manners and deal with gravel n stuff as well.
 


Back
Top Bottom