If a police bike chases you in Lothian & Borders...

I reckon in a chase.............. I could out-pedal them :augie

Al :D

Unfortunately they have radios and can call for reinforcements, or they just take your number and pay you a visit at home.

I seem to recall that several forces had similar issues with K100's a few years back. I think some tried to sue BMW without success.

I ran about with a Humberside sergeant on bikes (younger brother of a girlfriend) for three or four years when the new 13 Pans were issued. They returned every bike to Honda due to serious weaving which started at 110mph.
When the bikes came back all that had been done was to colour mark or wire lock certain nuts around the bike.
Seemingly every avenue was tried e.g. weight distribution, aerodynamics ,tyres, (even the size of boots worn :aidan ) .
I believe they never got to the bottom of the problem.
All officers preferred their old K series BMW's or second the 1100 Pan.:rob

Having ridden with a few ex-police riders tbh I wouldn't like to try to outrun them even if they where limited to 60mph:thumb

Having ridden with a few ex-police riders tbh I wouldn't like to try to outrun them even if they where limited to 60mph:thumb

Let's be honest - if they catch you.............. you won't have a leg to stand on :blast

(sorry)

Al :D

I tried to outrun a couple of Police R80s on a Suzuki B120 when I was 17 :rolleyes: Ended up with me riding into a factory loading bay and trying to slam the door shut, unfortunatly one of the policemen managed to wedge his foot in the door...once they had read the riot act they said it was the funniest thing they had seen in a long while :eek: ... 6 month ban though :(

I reckon I could outrun most bike cops, well the have all the heavy leathers, boots, helmet, belt with all there stuff on.
But, outride them, now thats a different matter.;)

I reckon I could outrun most bike cops, well the have all the heavy leathers, boots, helmet, belt with all there stuff on.
But, outride them, now thats a different matter.;)
It sounds as if you know what your talking about there Pendle.....but hey I`ve seen you run.........not a good sight this time in the morning.
Now where are those bus passes ?

Shinyface

Why should you need to out run them? seem's that the only time you would need to do this is if you were doing something wrong in the first place..:rob :hide

Back
Top Bottom