Best value for money??

FatAl

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've decided to enter into the 21st century and get a GPS thingy, I've done my level best to be a Luddite, I am the analogue man in the digital age, (can't even do text) but I realise I now need to move with the times.

I've used GPS that is fitted as standard into cars, but I now need my own individual unit that will be used in a car as well as my GS. So what opinions do people have as to what is the best in terms of cost, ease of use, versatility, and availability of updates and foreign routes, etc?

I've seen a Tom Tom at Halfords for about £180 that would be ok for the car but probably not the bike, and they also had a Garmin something or other that was especially for bikes, but that was about £350. Advice would be appreciated.

fatal, you must do a search on here cos there is loads about this. If you want to use all of the fantastic benefits of a GPS navigator, then you MUST choose one which allows you to plot detailed routes with multiple waypoints and also it must be waterproof.

So Garmin it is then :thumb

Next choose your model/price

Hi Fatal,
I'm doing same as you .. found a unit by Road Angel the 7000 series which is waterproof, does sat nav, has cameras etc pre loaded but also has advantage of being able to load memory map and used as hand held gps for walking/off road etc.

I'm just looking into whether or not it can be mounted to bike .. I have been told it may not have bike mount but certainly is advertised as having bike and car mounts.

Anyway .. just something else to consider ....

Cheers, Tom.

Hi Fatal,
I'm doing same as you .. found a unit by Road Angel the 7000 series which is waterproof, does sat nav, has cameras etc pre loaded but also has advantage of being able to load memory map and used as hand held gps for walking/off road etc.

I'm just looking into whether or not it can be mounted to bike .. I have been told it may not have bike mount but certainly is advertised as having bike and car mounts.

Anyway .. just something else to consider ....

Cheers, Tom.
Budget?

Quest 1 bundle from GPSW 200£ all you need in one package

Back
Top Bottom