Plastic Oil filler cap replaced by alloy bung

Ben

Reaction score
I have a 2/h 1150GS and the l/h cylinder has an alloy filler cap rather than the plastic 'winged' cap. It has an allen key type recess in it which sdoes not match any of the tool kit allen keys.

Is this part BMW?
If not which make might it be?
What size allen key (7 or 7.5 maybe?)

I'd be grateful for help

Ben

If it looks like this search Touratech or buy a 7mm Allen key

Attachments

• 01-040-0282-01.jpg
    01-040-0282-01.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 223
Hi,

must be the Wunderlich/Touratech cap. Both are the same, but only Wunderich sells the 7mm key sperately.

regards
Thomas

Thanks fellas.

I do recall seeing a weird piece (that must be the 7mm key) in the tool kit. Hope I didn't bin the damn thing.

Presumably this alloy filler cap serves only a cosmetic purpose..or does it seat better? Thanks for the tip

Ben

Not sure if it seats any better - but it will keep the scrotes from pinching it or dropping anything nasty into your engine!

Iain

Ben said:
Thanks fellas.

I do recall seeing a weird piece (that must be the 7mm key) in the tool kit. Hope I didn't bin the damn thing.

Presumably this alloy filler cap serves only a cosmetic purpose..or does it seat better? Thanks for the tip

Ben

Like Ian says, keeps scrotes out.

But when I got mine from Motorworks, I had to fit a new o ring seal inside the plastic housing, but its fine now.

Jamie

WARNING

I got a Wunderlich oil filler cap, put it in, and couldn't get it out again. It was machined too wide, so I had to take the whole oil filler housing out to remove it. I've now filed the sides down a little and it fits correctly.

I got mine from MotoBins and it's not been completely without it's problems either!

First time it came out complete with the insert bit that is not meant to! Pressed that back and its been OK apart from sometimes weeping a little.

Changed the O-ring at the last oil change and (hopefully) it's OK now.

Iain

Back
Top Bottom