unlock code-streetpilot/navigator

gavin

The orange piece of paper supplied with the unlock code for the city navigator CD also has a 'unit serial number' on it, what does this number relate to?

Should be the serial number of the GPS unit. You unlock your maps for use with your unit.

That means that, if you upload maps to your memory card and you insert that card into somebody else's StreetPilot, it will not work.

Only you can use the maps you payed for.

I have heard that you can use the maps for two units. If you own two units of course. I don't think the program will notice if the second unit belongs to your mate, but don't say I told you this ;-)

MiGSel said:
I have heard that you can use the maps for two units. If you own two units of course. I don't think the program will notice if the second unit belongs to your mate, but don't say I told you this ;-)
Though your second unit would have to be registered to you and not your 'friend' for this to work. And I could not in a public forum condone this action :nono :rolleyes:

As I said, I never said this. Just read it somewhere. :cool

Oh dear!, my navigator has a different serial no, that's why i'm having trouble unlocking the maps. Back to BMW with this one then??

s_yes.gif

Confused

I've had my GPS StreetPilot for over a year and have never put any unlock codes in and I'm confused as to what they are. The GPS works fine and I've used it all over Europe......!!

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

To do anything on the PC (view, download maps to GPSR or use Mapsource in moving map mode) some products require you to enter an unlock code into Mapsource on the PC.

Products requiring an unlock code;
City Navigator
City Select
Bluecharts
Topo ?
Metroguide Australia

Products with no unlock code;
WorldMap
All other Metroguides
Roads and Rec

Back
Top Bottom