Got this on monday

THE ROVER

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Picked up this 950 adv on monday,(6 hours on trains and 300 miles ride back) seems simliar in size to a 12gs with the same annoying amount of windblast!! BUT open the fecker up and the ackros scream:D :D

Attachments

• ktm E.jpg
    ktm E.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 376
  • ktm A.jpg
    ktm A.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 377
Apart from they say ktm on them they are Gobi's .

have to buy the taps though :D

Only downside with the twim under seat pipes is the width of the panniers fitted :eek:

hit anything on the way home?

I knocked 2 cars in 30 miles with those panniers on my 990i:eek: Took them off the moment i got home, then sold them! Nice panniers, but no good for traffic as they turn a very slim bike into car...

are those panniers like to GOBI's that Motobins sells ? I like the double outer skin idea so it can be used to carry water.

Nice bike by the way
cheers

Water, water!!!. I thought it was a beer holding device that I could keep secret from our Maude!! :aidan

Just off to the garage to clean the bike dear.:beer:

I'd love one of those but I know feck all about 'em. Can anyone shed some light on the following
1, Carbs or injection? I've heard carbs are more smooth and on the whole better.
2, Are they durable? I've not seen any big mileage bikes about yet.
3, Are they easy to keep?
4, Are spares prices OK?
I used to race a KTM 250 and 495 a (long) while ago just to be different to the jap crowd on the starting line and I had to do more maintenance then the others but the bikes seemed to be generally built better.
They look the dogs danglies (obviously not the dogs in the pics) and I could forgive a lot negatives on those alone but I'd have to keep it a fews years at least, so what the overall picture?

The 950's are generally considered to be faster than the later 990

the 950 is carbed the 990 inj I have ridden both and thought they were equally quick .

its a v-twin that loves revs and keep producing power .

For hours of reading about them look here
http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

service interval is 4000 miles chain drive not shaft (big deal most of the bikes I have owned were chain drive)

tyres are tubed oe being pirreli scorpians mt90 feel fine at my limited pace ;)

the 990 is a smaller bike than the 950

the s version is taller.

the s version of a 990 is the same size as a non s 950 .

the 950 s is a monster (thats mine :D )

earlier models hhad a 3 year warranty later ones 2 years .

if you bought an 05 950 it would still have some left .

Genrally they are cheaper than the GS and some would say not as good .

personally I love it .It is more involving to ride than the BMW.

Can see why anyone would own either . At the moment I prefer the KTM

but then I have had three GS's so it is a pleasant change and a bit different :D

Sugarcube has a 950 SE Adventure with Akra pipes fitted and it is a real mad thing to ride. Really great fun.

What spoils it for me though is the angular shape. It just looks too wedge shaped, too many straight lines.

A hell of a fun bike though.

I knocked 2 cars in 30 miles with those panniers on my 990i:eek: Took them off the moment i got home, then sold them! Nice panniers, but no good for traffic as they turn a very slim bike into car...

Its a big bugger.:thumb2

Attachments

• ktm B.jpg
    ktm B.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 222

Back
Top Bottom