SD card information on Zumo?

dave hendy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have put some extra routes on a 2GB SD card for an up coming trip using a card reader. When I put the card into the Zumo I can't work out how to read the routes. When I look at the card on the computor the routes are on there:nenau I also wish to take a copy of all the routes for the trip incase the Zumo throws a fit and losses them, so I need to be able to read and use the routes onthe card. What am I not doing:confused:

May I suggest http://zumoforums.com/zumo/index.php (you only need to register)
There is an exelent HOW TO section, and if you search for your question, the answer is there too (multiple times :)

The answer is in short: Put the routes in GPX format in the zumo (...save as..) and be sure it is an GPX named folder

Good luck

May I suggest http://zumoforums.com/zumo/index.php (you only need to register)
There is an exelent HOW TO section, and if you search for your question, the answer is there too (multiple times :)

The answer is in short: Put the routes in GPX format in the zumo (...save as..) and be sure it is an GPX named folder

Good luck

Sorry but I know how to send them to the Zumo thats not my problem. Its how to put them on the SD card and then how to see them on the Zumo once I have put the card in the card slot on the Zumo. What menu do I need to go to to see the SD card and pick the releavent route? I can't see that on the Zumoforum:confused:

Have you done it this way? If so you select "Where to" then "Routes" and then select the route that you wish. The info on the SD card is not shown separately.

The files I have alraedy done, saved on the computor and then transvered to the Zumo are 'gdb' files the Zumo seems to be able to read these OK. Is there a difference:confused: Is it only the files for the SD card that need to be GPX format:nenau

Well finally seem to have got it to work though not to sure how:nenau

If I put the information I want onto the card and then put the card into the Zumo to check its OK I can view it if I take the card out and put it back in I can't, is this right:confused:

If it is I will have to make a copy of all the routes but not put the card in unless I need it and hope it will all be OK then:nenau

Answer to both:

Yes there is difference. To the zumo the normal .gdb can be used. To the SD card it has to be in .gpx in a GPX named folder.

To acces the routes stored on the SD card select
wrench > user data (or something like that) > import

It then acces the SD stored info and import them

Answer to both:

Yes there is difference. To the zumo the normal .gdb can be used. To the SD card it has to be in .gpx in a GPX named folder.

To acces the routes stored on the SD card select
wrench > user data (or something like that) > import

It then acces the SD stored info and import them

I have called the folder GPX routes and the files are all .gpx:thumb

Yes I seem to get one chance to import the data which I don't want to do unless I have any problems with the Zumo whilst in Austria which is why I have put a copy of all my routes on the card. So I now have them on the card but wont put the card in again unless I need to use it. Unless you know different:nenau

I can not think of a reason not to leave the SD card in. As posted above your head, you can always acces the "back up" routes on your sd through the methode described.

I did the same thing (back up) on my USA trip, plus I stored the routes etc in the Zumo itself.
The backup was never necesary by the way :augie

I have only had the Zumo a few weeks and am still getting used to it so far I am very pleased with it but I think some of its features are beyond me:eek: I am pleased to be able to ask cleverer people than me advice:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom