G450X side stand

brompton92

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Been out today for the first time on the lanes and the blooming end fell off my sidestand.

Cheap blooming rubbish, guess i will contact Bristol Motorrad for a replacement.

Does the warranty cover this part ??

Am I right in thinking it is just a plastic 'plug' that rivets into the tubular sidestand?

You are correct it is cheap, a couple of quid i think. I wouldn't say its rubbish though. ok the fixing of it wasn't the worlds greatest invention, when you get a new on fit it with an m4 nut and bolt right the way through it (you will have to drill it first). Shouldn't have anymore probs with it then.

Am I right in thinking it is just a plastic 'plug' that rivets into the tubular sidestand?

Yes, it rattled itself loose and then jumped ship.

Other than that it is a very nice bike.

I setthe suspension to the settings that I was reccomended on here and it floats over stuff no problem at all.

The only thing I found was that it could do with another gear having previously owned a KTM 450 EXCR. It would definately lose out against one of them bikes.

Brompton, I too have come from a 450EXCR, I've tried the following gearing to date:

14/51 - to slow in top gear, find the lanes I would be in 3rd gear on I'm in 5th on the BMW

14/50 - a little better but spend the majority of the time in 5th gear revving the nuts off it to do 60mph when compared to the EXCR.

14/48 - just changed it and have my fingers crossed.

With reference to the sidestand, I drilled out the rivet and put a self tapper in there to hold it firm, I guess the bolt is the ultimate fit though.

Mine is running with 14:48 on it.

It tops out at 75 ish, but it is definately lacking against an EXCRs power.

I've been running with 14:48 and looked at my speedo doing 87 across a field in our last enduro, this was on full power mode.

It should be at Max power with the plug fitted, it's either 40hp without plug and 50hp with the plug, i cut the wire on the plug and extended them to a switch by the speedo, it doesn't work if you change the switch while the bike is running, it detects the switch position on start up. I have it on the low setting if its a heavily wooded course.

It should be at Max power with the plug fitted, it's either 40hp without plug and 50hp with the plug, i cut the wire on the plug and extended them to a switch by the speedo, it doesn't work if you change the switch while the bike is running, it detects the switch position on start up. I have it on the low setting if its a heavily wooded course.

I've been waiting for someone to confirm that, and now I know:thumb

Can you post a picture up of the power plug please just so I know which one it is. The previous owner said it was fitted and I am fairly sure I am looking at the right one.

If you take the right hand front panel off, you should see a plug that has a loop of wire connected to it, the loop will only be about 8cm long. It will be cable tied to the frame, if you cant see the loop, look for the socket, it will have a blanking plug fitted. If you still cant find it i will try and post a photo tomorrow.

If you take the right hand front panel off, you should see a plug that has a loop of wire connected to it, the loop will only be about 8cm long. It will be cable tied to the frame, if you cant see the loop, look for the socket, it will have a blanking plug fitted. If you still cant find it i will try and post a photo tomorrow.

so the loop of wire is there to give full power ?

Back
Top Bottom