is there a replacement for the tool section under the seat on an 1150?

mr_magicfingers

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just picked up my first GS, and 1150. Under the seat there's the toolbox section but I don't have a tool kit for it and would rather build a tool roll to keep in a bag.

Does anyone make a replacement box that just has a bit more room rather than the divided sections. Be useful to reclaim that space.

J.

I've got a thingy I'm making at the moment,but the big problem is making it without cutting the bump out of the rear mudguard(which I don't suppose many people would want to do anyway)

I'll have another look on Monday and see if there's a better way of doing it:thumb2

Stick me on a list for a box ( if such a thing exists) - I've got no problem cutting off half the mudguard.
It's why plastic milk containers were invented. :thumb

I had the blow moulded box from an old angle grinder. I cut out the moulded inner and was left with a perfect box which was easy to cut and shape in over the mudguard. Now I have my autocom and 2 way radio all fitting nicely in there and the tools in a bag in the top box.:thumb2

I had the blow moulded box from an old angle grinder. I cut out the moulded inner and was left with a perfect box which was easy to cut and shape in over the mudguard. Now I have my autocom and 2 way radio all fitting nicely in there and the tools in a bag in the top box.:thumb2

Can you post a piccy of that,because making one out of ally is a right royal pain in the butt

tooltray1.jpg

tooltray2.jpg

tooltray3.jpg

tooltray4.jpg

I just took the tool holder off and used a Dremel to cut away all the bits that hold the tools in place - left with a few holes but covered these with aluminium tape underneath. have now fitted Centech fusebox and Inforad camera detector unit in there and a few electrical spares.

Tool box

Very nice, I looked at this but I was worried that the rear tyre on full depression loaded up with camping gear it would foul the tyre.
Has this been checked?.
dave GS.

Very nice, I looked at this but I was worried that the rear tyre on full depression loaded up with camping gear it would foul the tyre.

In that scenario i'd think the tyre touching the box would be the least of your worries.

Your bollox going through the top of your head may offer some distraction.

Back
Top Bottom